Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
Hey all, recent transplant to California some months ago. With roads being more accessible (we have a near stock JLU sport s) I’m looking for some dispersed camping spots near me to just get out.

I did a trip into Mendocino when I first got here in February and now I’m looking for something a little closer that’s secluded and easy access

anyone have suggestions? I was looking into Lake Tahoe area, but the spot I found from another user on reddit looks really close to the road and not secluded.

anyone have suggestions for camping this coming holiday weekend?

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Over on I-80 before the state line is a nice place called Dog Valley. We were there this weekend and there are people there but, it does have some very nice camping areas and it is very remote. GPS coordinates for the site we camped at is 39.542441, -120.062347 there are a lot of places you can camp in the area that are in many cases miles apart.

97579176_10158518425746738_914970356379287552_o.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow

Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
Hey thanks! I’ll add it to my list of spots. I’ll shoot you a PM of 2 spots I know about as well. The one in Mendocino for sure if you’re interested!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Over on I-80 before the state line is a nice place called Dog Valley. We were there this weekend and there are people there but, it does have some very nice camping areas and it is very remote. GPS coordinates for the site we camped at is 39.542441, -120.062347 there are a lot of places you can camp in the area that are in many cases miles apart.

View attachment 154354
Did you have to make reservations?

Reactions: Offroadtails

Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
I just pulled the spot up on google maps (will try Gaia later)

but it looks like google maps stops me on henness road at roughly the 4 o clock position.

do I need to take a different road?

Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
Hey @Charles M just shot you a PM a bit ago with a couple questions regarding that spot. Trying to figure out if I want to go there this weekend, it adds about an extra hour of a drive, or if I want to camp at a south west spot of lake tahoe, which is easier to get to, but I have no idea what it looks like, but people say it's nice.

If you can give me some more information/pics, I'll see about taking that extra hour

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Hey @Charles M just shot you a PM a bit ago with a couple questions regarding that spot. Trying to figure out if I want to go there this weekend, it adds about an extra hour of a drive, or if I want to camp at a south west spot of lake tahoe, which is easier to get to, but I have no idea what it looks like, but people say it's nice.

If you can give me some more information/pics, I'll see about taking that extra hour
You will like it there.. I am almost tempted to go back this weekend too... lol

96237506_10158518425541738_2197925260047679488_o.jpg

Reactions: WRTurner-Arch