New to Overland Bound

• HTML tutorial

Kehlers28

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone, found you guys while looking for suggestions/ ideas on truck bed racks or possibly home made camper shells. In the process of building a bed rack for my 2008 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4x4 to Haul some kayaks, surfboards and outdoor gear for camping and long road trips. Located in South Carolina on the South and North Carolina border. Novice to overlanding, but experienced with camping and other outdoor activities. Looking to make my Frontier a true outdoor vehicle with a rack then can be used to haul, cover and sleep under, or set up a tent and sleep on top of. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing on the site and keep the outdoor life alive.

Karl

Last edited:

ajneff

Rank 0

Contributor I

Greetings everyone from still snow covered East Idaho, wandered to this group from ADVRider community. I'm new to this forum and to overlanding (on 4 wheels). Getting the family involved since all my little ones love the outdoors. Looking to find places further off the track, places to photograph and to experience.
Used to be a full time fly-fishing guide, photographer, firefighter, cop, military.. blah, blah, blah, been around the globe twice talked to everyone once. It's not about the destination as much is it is about the route taken.

Outfits: 07' GSA, migrating from two wheel adventuring to 4 wheel, so I can pack the family along.
97' FJ80 (Project rig)
07' FJC (6-MT)
Experience: Overlanding novice...…..we always called it 4x4 car camping in the backcountry when I was younger, but now I'm not so much as young as I once was :-) Still keeping track of places without cell service, so I can remember where to hide.

Look forward to networking with people in the overland community and telling tall tails of places off the map.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Greetings everyone from still snow covered East Idaho, wandered to this group from ADVRider community. I'm new to this forum and to overlanding (on 4 wheels). Getting the family involved since all my little ones love the outdoors. Looking to find places further off the track, places to photograph and to experience.
Used to be a full time fly-fishing guide, photographer, firefighter, cop, military.. blah, blah, blah, been around the globe twice talked to everyone once. It's not about the destination as much is it is about the route taken.

Outfits: 07' GSA, migrating from two wheel adventuring to 4 wheel, so I can pack the family along.
97' FJ80 (Project rig)
07' FJC (6-MT)
Experience: Overlanding novice...…..we always called it 4x4 car camping in the backcountry when I was younger, but now I'm not so much as young as I once was :-) Still keeping track of places without cell service, so I can remember where to hide.

Look forward to networking with people in the overland community and telling tall tails of places off the map.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @ajneff. You have an interesting background filled with lots of experience, I bet you are fun to sit around the fire and chat with! The great news is that the PNW is a perfect place to get out and explore. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to being about to get out to Idaho and seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

ajneff

Rank 0

Contributor I

Welcome to Overland Bound, @ajneff. You have an interesting background filled with lots of experience, I bet you are fun to sit around the fire and chat with! The great news is that the PNW is a perfect place to get out and explore. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to being about to get out to Idaho and seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Jedi,

Thanks, will do. I was just looking that the PNW group... most of my travels with the family have been in the good old PNWet. If ever this way shoot a line. Thanks for the welcoming...

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Good luck with the build out of the Frontier. I look forward to hearing about it.

Reactions: ajneff

Frontieroffroad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Virginia
First Name
michael
Last Name
morris
Member #

i have a 2012 frontier and have been able to find a few places that offer a bed rack system for the frontier rago fabrication, leitner there of some other ones out there just depinds on how much you wnat to spend and what you ill be using it for

Reactions: ajneff