Rank III

Contributor III

Marmora and Lake, Hastings Highlands, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Claudine
Last Name
Dowdall
Member #

Greetings OB central region. My husband and I are very excited to have joined the community.
We recently acquired a 2021 JLU Sahara and have already started mods. So far our build has included AEV 2.5” lift, steel number, WARN winch and reinforced tire carrier. We are waiting for bull bar, rear bumper.
We are really looking forward to adventuring across North America.

Pragmatic

Rank I

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
Grimes
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6RPX
Service Branch
US Navy Retired
Greetings OB central region. My husband and I are very excited to have joined the community.
We recently acquired a 2021 JLU Sahara and have already started mods. So far our build has included AEV 2.5” lift, steel number, WARN winch and reinforced tire carrier. We are waiting for bull bar, rear bumper.
We are really looking forward to adventuring across North America.
Well welcome form one OB newbie, to another OB newbie!!! My wife has a 2017 JKUR Rubicon Recon (Anniversary present).

You are on the right track with your current and future mods. The reinforced tire carrier is definitely a good move especially if you've up-sized your tires and wheels (weight!) from OEM. We too added a protective "bull bar" as we have lots of deer in our area.

Be forewarned that some of your non-MOPAR/non-dealer mods may void, or imperil parts of your MOPAR warranty. We limited our tire size on the JKUR Recon to 35" and the lift to a dealer installed MOPAR 2.5" kit to fully preserve our extended service contract. Would have liked 40" tires, but the 35's work well. We had a new 2002 Sahara (pre-Rubicon option days) that we largely voided the drive train warranty on, by immediately (two weeks old) adding lockers and a 3" TerraFlex suspension lift on to run the Rubicon Trail with, that was of course decades ago. We actually saw prototype Rubicons on the trail when we were there...

The 2003-present Rubicons now give you a great 4x4 & low range drive train with a full factory warranty. Times they have changed!