Fallon, NV, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Petrey
Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone!

So Ive been kinda lurking around and reading some posts the past few years and pretty much the whole time my head unit in my 4Runner has been out.

Did some trouble shooting and turns out the head unit is bad. I’m wondering if anyone has an aftermarket double din full screen head unit that also has a navigation function that they use for off roading? I’m looking to upgrade now and curious if anyone has this or if everyone just uses a stand-alone system.

Thanks for the help and input!

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hey everyone!

So Ive been kinda lurking around and reading some posts the past few years and pretty much the whole time my head unit in my 4Runner has been out.

Did some trouble shooting and turns out the head unit is bad. I’m wondering if anyone has an aftermarket double din full screen head unit that also has a navigation function that they use for off roading? I’m looking to upgrade now and curious if anyone has this or if everyone just uses a stand-alone system.

If you get anything with carplay or android auto you can load gaia onto the screen. That's def. your best option.

4_Runnin

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Fallon, NV, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Petrey
Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone!

If you get anything with carplay or android auto you can load gaia onto the screen. That's def. your best option.
Alright, thanks! I was going to get a Sony with Apple car play but I’ll have to see if I can do any screen mirroring kinda thing with it. I didn’t think of that. I still use CDs for music in my rigs.