Launch Member

Member I

Andrews AFB, MD, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Spurrier
Member #

It’s a slow process but after selling my ‘18 F-150 SCREW and getting my ‘19 I have been slowly upgrading. The cap has a few blemishes so it is going to go out for a touch up next week. Once I get it back I can get the roof top situated again. Until then I have been working on the ground. What do you all think? I did finally put my emblem on!

Attachments

Landsat8

Rank II

Enthusiast III

It’s a slow process but after selling my ‘18 F-150 SCREW and getting my ‘19 I have been slowly upgrading. The cap has a few blemishes so it is going to go out for a touch up next week. Once I get it back I can get the roof top situated again. Until then I have been working on the ground. What do you all think? I did finally put my emblem on!
Nice! I have a 2017. First thing I would do is remove the air dam under the bumper.

Have you done a level/lift? I went with the Bilstein 6112 in front and 5100 in the rear.

What kind of topper is that? Are you going to be putting a roof top tent on it?

Last edited:

Spurdog28

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Andrews AFB, MD, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Spurrier
Member #

I had the dam off for awhile but the holes left behind kept throwing me off. I have 5100s all around so it actually ended up with a little negative rake. I have 3” blocks coming to bring the rear end up some.
it is the top of the line leer with the frameless windows (I forget what model). We sleep in the bed with an AirBedz mattress. This photo shows the roof top setup I currently have and plan to work with in this rig. Yakima mega warrior, ARB awning, and Roadshower 4.

Attachments

Spurdog28

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Andrews AFB, MD, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Spurrier
Member #

I love it, traded in my 2018 after about 30K miles only because of the price I got on this Lariat. I have been happy with the 3.5 in this one and the 18. i would have gone with a V8 if they had it for only two reasons, engine sound and not needed the inter cooler (hidden winch doesn’t work with the EB). Otherwise you can’t beat the performance.

DocNOS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tulsa, OK
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Son
Member #

Service Branch
USN
I love it, traded in my 2018 after about 30K miles only because of the price I got on this Lariat. I have been happy with the 3.5 in this one and the 18. i would have gone with a V8 if they had it for only two reasons, engine sound and not needed the inter cooler (hidden winch doesn’t work with the EB). Otherwise you can’t beat the performance.
Check with Full Race, they have a intercooler that relocates to behind the grill. I have their intake and oil catch system.

Check your exhaust flex pipe. The one on my 12 & 14 were both 2.5 inch. I cut them out and put in a 3.0in flex pipe. Now the turbos spool very very fast.

Spurdog28

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Andrews AFB, MD, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Spurrier
Member #

Check with Full Race, they have a intercooler that relocates to behind the grill. I have their intake and oil catch system.

Check your exhaust flex pipe. The one on my 12 & 14 were both 2.5 inch. I cut them out and put in a 3.0in flex pipe. Now the turbos spool very very fast.

Thanks, Ill look at the intercooler move. As far exhaust, I know there are systems out there that make them sounds different, but IMHO it is hard to make a V6 sound descent.