New Overland Rig!

• HTML tutorial

Dylan89153

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just bought my new truck this weekend. 2008 Silverado LT! I’ve got different wheels and tires to put on her and she’s already got a 2 inch lift. I’m trying to find a high rise canopy to throw on the back so I can start building mini camper. Any ideas/advice for what I should do with it first?IMG_5982.JPGIMG_5984.JPG

Reactions: Kent R and MazeVX

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Get out & see what your rig is capable of doing & modify from there. Just my 2 cents
+1 go take it out on even a day trip on some trails just to get a feel for it. I checked Craigslist everyday for months before I found my shell on my truck. Best advice I can give is know what you want and what you want from the truck and don't cut corners in palaces you don't want to. I would rather wait to do my lift the way I want when I can afford it than to do it know and change it later. It just ends up being more in the end.

Dylan89153

Rank 0

Traveler I

+1 go take it out on even a day trip on some trails just to get a feel for it. I checked Craigslist everyday for months before I found my shell on my truck. Best advice I can give is know what you want and what you want from the truck and don't cut corners in palaces you don't want to. I would rather wait to do my lift the way I want when I can afford it than to do it know and change it later. It just ends up being more in the end.
That’s pretty much the stage I’m in right now. Since I just bought the thing I’ve been going through and doing all kinds of maintenance. Just this Saturday I flushed my transmission, power steering, front differential, and brake system, inspected all my brakes, shocks, all the joints, etc. then I did a top engine clean with this stuff that’s like sea foam but on steroids and man can I tell the difference... I want to make sure everything is in tip top shape before heading out there into the wilderness! As of the shell, I may have found a pretty nice one, buts it’s about 3 hours away from me and I don’t have the time to go down there and check it out:( being patient can be so hard sometimes haha.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

That’s pretty much the stage I’m in right now. Since I just bought the thing I’ve been going through and doing all kinds of maintenance. Just this Saturday I flushed my transmission, power steering, front differential, and brake system, inspected all my brakes, shocks, all the joints, etc. then I did a top engine clean with this stuff that’s like sea foam but on steroids and man can I tell the difference... I want to make sure everything is in tip top shape before heading out there into the wilderness! As of the shell, I may have found a pretty nice one, buts it’s about 3 hours away from me and I don’t have the time to go down there and check it out:( being patient can be so hard sometimes haha.
I hear ya on the patients, not really a strong suit of mine (hell not even a weak one, it just not there lol). It took along time for me to find the right shell for my truck ( I was also looking for a pretty specific set up). I cam close to just bitting the bullet and buying new, but one day found it and got it. Is it perfect and exactly what I would order new, no but with it being 2k less I am fine with that. It had what I needed. Same thing with our trailer. We spent months looking. The more specific you try to be in the second hand world the harder it can be to find. But stick to the course and most of the time you will end up with what you wanted.

Dylan89153

Rank 0

Traveler I

First time out with the truck. Didn’t do anything crazy but I still think i learned a bit about how the truck handles, I also learned how slippery this thing is in the rain. Until I get a canopy I thing I’m gonna throw some sand bags In the bed.

Attachments