New Member - York, UK

• HTML tutorial

temma2k2

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, just getting into overlanding, currently I haven't got a rig but but I need to have one in place by April this year when my new fishing ticket starts, that's what really got me looking into overlanding, my new lake allows me to park where i fish which means i can sleep in my vehicle.

My plan is to get a Discovery 2 and turn it into an overland camper, fitted out with fishing in mind, me and the wife would also like to do a bit of wild camping here in the UK mainly Scotland and Wales.

So fingers crossed my next thread on the forum will be the start of my rig build.

Watch this space,
temma2k2

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, just getting into overlanding, currently I haven't got a rig but but I need to have one in place by April this year when my new fishing ticket starts, that's what really got me looking into overlanding, my new lake allows me to park where i fish which means i can sleep in my vehicle.

My plan is to get a Discovery 2 and turn it into an overland camper, fitted out with fishing in mind, me and the wife would also like to do a bit of wild camping here in the UK mainly Scotland and Wales.

So fingers crossed my next thread on the forum will be the start of my rig build.

Watch this space,
temma2k2
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great vehicle for your adventure platform and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Happy fishing.

Reactions: temma2k2

BAJA4RN

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi from California. I just had couple mates from Wakefield visited a week ago. They brought English weather with them. I actually went to school near York, Ackworth School, Pontefeact, West Yorkshire to be precise. First place to learn English too, and it took years to lose the Yorkshire accent ;) love to hear what you can get into overlanding in UK.

temma2k2

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all thanks for your messages :-)

Bit of an update I have now purchased a Discovery 2, 2001 X Reg

Pics to follow, will move to a build thread once I get started

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Hi All,

Watch this space,
temma2k2
We’ll give you a great Scottish welcome if you visit Kintyre. Plenty of forest roads and you can wild-camp in the finest scenery. Good luck with your plans!