Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

Hi guys I am a new member from northern va. I sold my jku rubicon hardrock back in 2016 (had it less than a year) and got a new rig that I have been getting together and taking a few trips on. I am not a hardcore offroad guy and have mostly been on unimproved roads and forest roads. I am interested in some mild offroading and some overnight trips. I am aware of our local ohv areas and wouldn't mind doing a few trips with some people. I have tentative plants for a Baja trip for February and it would be great to find some local guys to caravan with.

My rig:
1991 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Syncro Westfalia
1,9tdi conversion
upgraded suspension- ome shocks, heavy duty shocks, powerflex bushings all around
upgraded brakes
f/r lockers
full westy camper interior
clk wheels with ko2
aux fuel tank 11-12 gal capacity

20180509_173357.jpg20190515_123340 (1).jpg20161022_080611 (1).jpg20160831_134624.jpg

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Welcome from or there VA! You’re definitely bringing a new and unique rig to the area, as it is mostly Jeeps and 4runners, with a few trucks thrown in. With that said, I’m a fan of running the unimproved and service roads myself, and do not consider myself a hardcore rock crawler of off-roader. For me it’s all about being to get to where I want and feel safe and secure doing it. What part of nova are you in?

Reactions: SorrTrek

elizer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

I am in Centreville right now but moving to Annandale. Ya, I am not interested in any rock crawling or really technical stuff. But I would like to practice some self recovery and water/mud type situations in a controlled environment so I can be confident on my own.

If there is a meet and greet in January I would love to see other peoples set up and gear.