Launch Member

Member I

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Hi everyone. Long time listener, first time caller. I actually found this forum because I'm looking to use my Plano boxes for the first time this weekend on a trip up to Oregon, and I found a great youtube video featuring a tricked out 80 series that someone on this forum owns. Nice looking rig, that. ( )

I have a 200 series land cruiser and slowly spending all of my spare money on it. I try to get up in the mountains as much as I can, but not often enough as I have two daughters who play fast pitch softball. That dominates way too many weekends than I care to admit. We hope to take off June and July this summer, so hopefully I'll be able to explore some new high sierra lakes instead of inhaling dirt at a ballfield outside scenic Manteca.

Anyways, we'll be going up to Oregon (softball) and taking the following week off to head to northen Oregon and explore the cost south towards home. Keep an eye out! Now to search for those Plano boxes and how to correctly secure 'em...

Here's a picture of my cruiser - in the overflow parking at the field - my natural habitat. The rake is a little extreme, but that's because my rear bumper is still sitting in the garage instead of installed. The additional weight should even it up a bit more. Once I have the rear tire carrier I'll be able to go up to probably 34s and carry a spare (or two).

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone. Long time listener, first time caller. I actually found this forum because I'm looking to use my Plano boxes for the first time this weekend on a trip up to Oregon, and I found a great youtube video featuring a tricked out 80 series that someone on this forum owns. Nice looking rig, that. ( )

I have a 200 series land cruiser and slowly spending all of my spare money on it. I try to get up in the mountains as much as I can, but not often enough as I have two daughters who play fast pitch softball. That dominates way too many weekends than I care to admit. We hope to take off June and July this summer, so hopefully I'll be able to explore some new high sierra lakes instead of inhaling dirt at a ballfield outside scenic Manteca.

Anyways, we'll be going up to Oregon (softball) and taking the following week off to head to northen Oregon and explore the cost south towards home. Keep an eye out! Now to search for those Plano boxes and how to correctly secure 'em...

Here's a picture of my cruiser - in the overflow parking at the field - my natural habitat. The rake is a little extreme, but that's because my rear bumper is still sitting in the garage instead of installed. The additional weight should even it up a bit more. Once I have the rear tire carrier I'll be able to go up to probably 34s and carry a spare (or two).

View attachment 93058
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Glad you found us and funny that your someone just so happens to be @Michael our founder . If you make it to central Oregon around Bend please reach out. Those Plano boxes are on Amazon as I have a couple of them storing my goods as well. Safe travels.

Reactions: NDizzle and Toyland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 93058
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.