New in North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

Lost Texan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winterville, NC
Member #

I am new to overlanding and I am new to North Carolina. Originally from Houston, Texas my wife and I relocated to NC for her job. I got myself a truck and am determined to see as much as I can in it. I am a Marine Corps veteran and an outdoor enthusiast so I have done plenty of primitive camping and hiking but have never done any real technical off-road driving.

I am eager and excited to get going and plan to start off with some weekend trips this summer and then work my way into longer and more demanding trips as time and work schedules allow.

I am eager to meet some locals (bought a membership just waiting on activation code) and get involved in this community.

Looks like people are adding pictures of their vehicles to these intro posts so here is my Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 that if just begging to get off of the pavement for a weekend.
IMG_1212.JPG

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I am new to overlanding and I am new to North Carolina. Originally from Houston, Texas my wife and I relocated to NC for her job. I got myself a truck and am determined to see as much as I can in it. I am a Marine Corps veteran and an outdoor enthusiast so I have done plenty of primitive camping and hiking but have never done any real technical off-road driving.

I am eager and excited to get going and plan to start off with some weekend trips this summer and then work my way into longer and more demanding trips as time and work schedules allow.

I am eager to meet some locals (bought a membership just waiting on activation code) and get involved in this community.

Looks like people are adding pictures of their vehicles to these intro posts so here is my Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 that if just begging to get off of the pavement for a weekend.
View attachment 58568
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures . Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Lost Texan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winterville, NC
Member #

Thanks for the welcome. I took a look at a North Carolina thread and it looks like an active area. I already have some ideas on where to go and may set out as early as next weekend.

As for the Tar Heel State, it is beautiful and my wife and I have been welcomed by some wonderful people. Your version of BBQ is going to take some getting used to, but that is probably a discussion for another forum all together.

Looking forward to some great new friends and adventures.