new here advice welcome

• HTML tutorial

Rogue1984

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

hello all I am new to the overlanding and to this forum hoping some of you on here can help me out or direct me to threads already on the subject. I have plenty of practice finding hiking trails but am struggling to find places to plan a trip where i can find off road trails to drive up? any good ways to find these roads or trails also trying to find mild ones at first as I am new to the off road world and don't want to get over my head!!

any advice in any of this is welcome!

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

hello all I am new to the overlanding and to this forum hoping some of you on here can help me out or direct me to threads already on the subject. I have plenty of practice finding hiking trails but am struggling to find places to plan a trip where i can find off road trails to drive up? any good ways to find these roads or trails also trying to find mild ones at first as I am new to the off road world and don't want to get over my head!!

any advice in any of this is welcome!
Hi and welcome rouge1984, what I have discovered in this and other forums is to give a bit more information. On this forum there are regional forums where you can precise information.

So what is popular to find 4x4 trails is the Gaia navigation app. There is also a part of the forum called planning a trip. There may be planned trips in that area.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
One of the best free resources is information from the National Forest Service's Interactive Travel Map [link]. This will allow you to zoom into your particular area. They also publish a Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) for each area, such as for Wayne National Forest [link], which will show you which forest roads are open to you.