Nesting pot set for large group (5-8 people)

• HTML tutorial

Gardendaddy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Webster Groves, MO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gilmore
Member #

Hello!

I am looking for recommendations for your favorite nesting pot set. I am tired of bringing along small pot sets and cooking in succession. I've looked a bit at Amazon but am dubious. I am looking for a 8-10 saute pan, 5Q pot and a 8+Q pot to all nest together. I am fine if a set includes other sizes but those would be my main tools. It may be asking for the moon but I just want to cook 2lbs of meat, veggies, and 2lbs of pasta at once. Thanks!

Reactions: Pindal

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I just got this set last week for the same sort of thing, larger groups, and think it's one of the best deals out there. From Stansport, and though the largest pot I got is not as huge as you want (my stock/soup pot is 4qt), they may have a larger set. They nest REALLY well together, and I'm super impressed with the quality. I kept the fingered cardboard dividers to keep the pots separated when nested in my galley box.
  • Made from chef quality 18/10 stainless steel, pans have heavy duty bottoms for even heat distribution
  • Includes: 4 quart , 3 quart, 2 quart and 1 quart pots, 10 inch fry pan, universal lid and handle
I also ordered another handle from them direct after getting my kit at Amazon. This is a serious piece of kitchen gear for only $50 on Amazon (over $100 on the cookware page of the Stansport site).

Like I said, I'm really impressed with this set and look forward to using it in camp. I bet you could find an 8qt stock or soup pot this would fit inside.

StansportNested.png

Stansport-7pcs.png

I also have a couple stainless Billy Pots of various sizes, but they're more for campfire cooking and bushcraft/hiking. Each one has a handle and an inner pot you can use for steaming or as a separate pot or plate.

Let me know if you want any other info or images of the Stansport set I have here and I'll get it together for you. Let us know, too, what else you find if you end up with another product, especially as huge as you want.

OH! Another great source is webstaurantstore.com I've bought some wonderful and very inexpensive chef-grade sauté pans there that I love. Here's the post I made on insta awhile back about them. They're so inexpensive I buy a few at time and give them as gifts to friends who love to cook.

Last edited:

Gardendaddy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Webster Groves, MO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gilmore
Member #

I just got this set last week for the same sort of thing, larger groups, and think it's one of the best deals out there. From Stansport, and though the largest pot I got is not as huge as you want (my stock/soup pot is 4qt), they may have a larger set. They nest REALLY well together, and I'm super impressed with the quality. I kept the fingered cardboard dividers to keep the pots separated when nested in my galley box.
  • Made from chef quality 18/10 stainless steel, pans have heavy duty bottoms for even heat distribution
  • Includes: 4 quart , 3 quart, 2 quart and 1 quart pots, 10 inch fry pan, universal lid and handle
I also ordered another handle from them direct after getting my kit at Amazon. This is a serious piece of kitchen gear for only $50 on Amazon (over $100 on the cookware page of the Stansport site).

Like I said man, I'm really impressed with this set and look forward to using it in camp. I bet you could find an 8qt stock or soup pot this would fit inside.

View attachment 49645

View attachment 49644

I also have a couple stainless Billy Pots of various sizes, but they're more for campfire cooking and bushcraft/hiking. Each one has a handle and an inner pot you can use for steaming or as a separate pot or plate.

Let me know if you want any other info or images of the Stansport set I have here and I'll get it together for you. Let us know, too, what else you find if you end up with another product, especially as huge as you want.

OH! Another great source is webstaurantstore.com I've bought some wonderful and very inexpensive chef-grade sauté pans there that I love. Here's the post I made on insta awhile back about them. They're so inexpensive I buy a few at time and give them as gifts to friends who love to cook.

Thank you for all the info! I will look into more. Excellent point on placing a nesting set within a larger stock pot. I think that may be the final piece.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Road

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Have a look at MSR (Mountain Safety Research) they used to do a complete set of nesting pots. I've got a few of theirs from over 20 years ago that I still cook with- so it's solid stuff!

ScottinAZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

This is a combination of Galley Ware, Snow Peak, Walmart, & Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Galley Ware: Large Pot, Medium Pot, Small Pot, Fry Pan, Large Lid, Medium Lid, 2 Handles. The Large lid fits every pot, the medium lid fits every pot but the large one. The fry pan/Large Pot doubles as dutch oven.
Walmart: Set of 5 mixing bowls
Snow Peak: Plate and Bowl for 4
B,B,&B: pot protectors- I use two of them to keep the nonstick frypan from getting scratched. and a nesting measuring cup set. 1 Cup- down to tablespoon
Everything is stainless steel and can be put on the stove to cook with, or atleast to prewarm
The two handles clamp on to the Galley Ware pots as well as the Walmart mixing bowls.

Reactions: Gardendaddy

ScottinAZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

there is one more Galley Ware pot and Snow peak 4 small bowls and 4 deep dish plates that came as part of the set that don't fit, I leave them at home most of the time, I really only need them if I'm feeding more than 6 people.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Another thumbs up for the Magma set. I use the non-stick with the ceramic interior, not Teflon and they have been a real pleasant surprise to use and clean. I would be cautious using on a fire, at least with the handles attached, but I did use on my Firebox which worked just fine.

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
^^^ Agreed. I don't use too much non-stick at home (except for omelette pan) but for camping, it's the best for cleanup. However, even being very careful with all wood/plastic cooking utensils, I have a couple small chips on my set. Downsides, heavy and costly. One of my handles is also melted from just stove use. I don't bring the entire set... too heavy.