Need to find a hose for my Camp Chef Everest

• HTML tutorial

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

I have the Camp Chef Everest, specifically the MS2HP so I can hook it up to a tank instead of the little 1 gallon green canisters. Their site says they are sold out. Anyone have this unit, or similar and have a suggestion for a hose?

Thank you!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I believe that the Camp Chef hoses contain a regulator at the bottle end, and they screw into the stove directly, replacing the rigid section of pipe that the 1lb bottles attach to (I believe that that piece of piping contains a built in regulator, which is why there hose/regulator bypasses it.

I have this hose 5ft Propane Hose Assembly from Mr Heater that I use with my Buddy Heater and cookstove to run them off a 20lb tank. It has a standard tank connection on one end, and the other end has a connection that matches the 1lb bottles, just screws it into where the 1lb bottle goes on your stove. This hose does not include any regulator and will supply high pressure from the bottle to the appliance, so you will need to retain the 1lb bottle connection on the stove as you do not want to have unregulated fuel supply to the stove. The hose should work with any portable propane appliance that uses the 1lb bottles. The hose is available in 5, 10, and 12 foot lengths.

I like it as there is no mods needed, just screw it in place of the 1lb bottle and go, then I can keep a spare 1lb bottle hidden away in case the big tank runs dry half way through dinner due to lack of planning..lol

Reactions: jimbofoxman

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

You can get a hose that adapts from 1lb bottles to 20lb at some walmarts and most academy, cabelas, bass pro, tractor supply or lowes and home depot. Screw it right in where you screw in the 1lb bottle attach other end to the 20lb and done

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

You can get a hose that adapts from 1lb bottles to 20lb at some walmarts and most academy, cabelas, bass pro, tractor supply or lowes and home depot. Screw it right in where you screw in the 1lb bottle attach other end to the 20lb and done
Am I correct in assuming this would also work with a 5 lb tank? I’m not taking 20 lb, but I might be inclined to switch from severla 1 lb to a single 5 lb. - though getting refills is just such a pain in my area.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Am I correct in assuming this would also work with a 5 lb tank? I’m not taking 20 lb, but I might be inclined to switch from severla 1 lb to a single 5 lb. - though getting refills is just such a pain in my area.
You are correct, bottle size does not matter.

pnwlife

Rank I

Contributor III

Oregon, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boote
I'm in the same boat as the OP and I looked at the same solutions offered up by the folks that replied above. However, a few years ago I had a radiant heater get badly gummed up by plasticizers leaking out of a similar 20lb tank hose. So, I am adding a Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Fuel filter to the line right before the regulator that attaches to my Everest. I also looked at Mr. Heater high-pressure /non-plasticized hoses but my concern is that they can get pretty stiff and crack easily in cold weather.