Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Perritte
Member #

I have a Jeep JKU and what a slide for my 65qt yeti so I can slide it out back to get to things. I am new to overland Bound and not sure where to look (sorry)

Reactions: Abreu93

Ready6delta

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Va
First Name
JACOB
Last Name
MYERS
Member #

Im assuming you are putting it in sideways in a jeep but might be a good DIY to build a slide or platform depending on budget.

Reactions: Slowone

Slowone

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Perritte
Member #

Not sure on the slides you buy, which ones are the good ones... so many was hoping to find someone that has done this and give me some pros and con’s which works best

Ryan Hitchcock

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hitchcock
Member #

Are you looking to build a slide or purchase one? If building one make sure you invest in quality heavy duty drawer slides they will make a huge difference. Having something stable to mount the side to is going to be part of making this work as well. I had the frontrunner slide mounted in my JKU for a fridge and it couldn't handle the wight of the fridge and its contents.

Slowone

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Perritte
Member #

Could or couldn’t handle the weight. Would love to buy something that I could just bolt in

Reactions: Abreu93

Ryan Hitchcock

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hitchcock
Member #

It was not able to able to handle the weight, they main problem was the floor of the slide would bend under the weight and it would hang up when pulling the slide out of the jeep. Tembo Tusk or MSA make some really great slides that should accommodate the cooler you have. You would need to build a base plate or purchase one to install in the back of the jeep to be able to mount the slide.