Need a roof rack powder coated

• HTML tutorial

riffman12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walnut Creek, CA
Member #

Hi guys. I recently bought this baja rack used. It's in great structural shape but has a few surface rust patches where the original powder coat is flaking off. I'd like to have the whole thing blasted and powder coated, but the local place I took my wheels to wants $250.

This sounds like a lot to me, or is this the going rate for something this big?

Does anyone have the "hook up" to get it done at a more reasonable price? :smiley: Or should I just bite the bullet?

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

Also, what shop quoted this price? Maybe someone can make suggestions on other shops that powdercoat . That way you can get a sampling of the average cost and make a decision from there.

I vote for Jerry at Bay Area Metal Fabrication located in the Benicia Industrial Park.

Reactions: Rubiconcruiser

riffman12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Walnut Creek, CA
Member #

Also, what shop quoted this price? Maybe someone can make suggestions on other shops that powdercoat . That way you can get a sampling of the average cost and make a decision from there.

I vote for Jerry at Bay Area Metal Fabrication located in the Benicia Industrial Park.
Thanks I didn't even know bay area metal fab existed, and it's way closer to my house than where I was going before (Melrose in Oakland).

I'll give Jerry a call. Thanks!

Reactions: Anders0nic