My setup atm. Waiting to see about mounting options.

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Here is my samsung tablet for nav/overlanding information. I am using canada topo app right here and my radar weather radar. Very cool!20200503_204804839_iOS.jpg

The weather radar pink lines are wind direction and intensity. As you can see it was blowing a gale that day. You can also see the yellow I was in, and the torrential rains I was in. Brutal driving. That turned to snow later that day.

I also have torque pro for vehicle monitoring. All in all its a great setup. Will be perfect once I get the mounting done.

Attachments

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I've never seen radar info like that for a tablet. It makes sense. I'm assuming it uses cell to update?

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
@Autism Family Travels which model of Samsung Tablet is that? I have trying to decide between a smaller Android tablet and a iPad Mini. I prefer Android but considering the iPad Mini so I can stay familiar with the platform since the wife prefers iPhone

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
@Autism Family Travels which model of Samsung Tablet is that? I have trying to decide between a smaller Android tablet and a iPad Mini. I prefer Android but considering the iPad Mini so I can stay familiar with the platform since the wife prefers iPhone
It's the Samsung galaxy tab a 8. I use apple for my phone and I have an ipad 6th gen too. I like the Samsung for the cost of the device, the included lte and the fact I can use torque pro and other bluetooth options without the apple walled garden where only certain devices are compatible.

If you want a good cheap device I have a lepan mini 8" android tablet for sale for 90 bucks. It's an older model but is in like new condition, has gps and compass included and the screen is as good as my sons first gen ipad mini.