My Matterhorn build

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bowman
Starting in March of 2020 with an axle and a pile of steel tube. I welded up a frame 4’x8’ with a 4’ tongue. Next came a 3/4” plywood floor with post paint on the underside. 1/2” ply walls went on next. Inside was only 4’, so my dad suggested I vault the ceiling which added another 8” or so. Built the bulkhead and the rear hatch for the kitchen and wrapped it all with poor man’s fiberglass. 7 coats of paint later, started on the cabin. 3/4 furring strips and styrofoam insulated it all clad with pallet wood. Ran a 12v system for lights and fan and a separate 110v system for a window unit fully enclosed in the trailer. Yeah, this is TX and I need a/c! Finished out the kitchen with a sink, 12v cooler, and a swing out propane cooktop. My dad helped me tape off an outline of the Matterhorn on the side and painted it with contrasting black. Built a roof rack and a 270* batwing awning and added a box on the tongue for the battery, solar panel plugs and storage. Bed is a 8” memory foam mattress cut down. Still working to get it licensed, so only used it once so far. Grand total is probably 2,000-2,500 bucks. Hit me up if you have any questions

Attachments

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

nicely done !!!
love how basic the frame is and I've been wanting to do a swing out propane cooker similar to yours for years.

Reactions: LoneStarMatterhorn