Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

When i think of Overlanding i essentially think of being “off the grid” with generally very little to no cell phone reception. I have tried several different ways to accomplish being able to have our digital maps handy for our trips.

I first started off with an android tablet with built in GPS mounted to a custom bracket I made that mounted to my dash. At first this seemed to work pretty well but the further I got out to the middle of nowhere the spottier the internal GPS got. After doing some research i came
to the conclusion that I needed an external Bluetooth GPS. I settled on the Dual XGPS 150A. The Dual GPS works on not only Android devises but also on Apple products. Once I did the initial install my spotty GPS was non existent.

You can read the full article here: http://overlandf150.com/our-gps-hardware-review/

Attachments

Reactions: picklejuice

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I'm curious, how does it actually mount to the dash? Did you drill the panel or does it go behind the cubby cut out? Any more pics of that, I'm interested in doing something very similar.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I'm curious, how does it actually mount to the dash? Did you drill the panel or does it go behind the cubby cut out? Any more pics of that, I'm interested in doing something very similar.
Sorry I just saw this reply. I made a plate and bolted it down to where that cubby hole would be. Then the tablet mount uses a 90lb magnet and attaches to it.

Hope that helps.