Launch Member

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Brendt
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

I couldn't wait to put the truck on some of that sweet sweet red dirt in Moab so I detoured on my way from Boulder CO to SLC UT to catch the sunrise at one of my favorite points.

Headed back down Friday for a week of backcountry exploration.

Attachments

six60six

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Brendt
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Just got home from driving the rig from PA to CO, UT, AZ and NM. Total trip was almost 6000 miles including about 500 miles off-road. Everything went as planned and the truck performed flawlessly including spending 5 days off the grid deep in the Canyonlands. The Goal Zero solar setup was game changer and kept the fridge running and all 9 of my cameras and laptop charged throughout the week.

And a quick little edit of some of the fun and sky chasing.

N8BP4X208

Rank I

Contributor III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bray
Got the newly painted corners mounted up and they look great. I have a new set of door trim I need to paint up this weekend and swap out to match, but with the satin black grille it'll all tie together.

Also, I got the stock roof rack off...wait for it...without spinning a single rivnut ::happy dance::
All because my new Front Runner full replacement showed up on my doorstep. The Front Runner was a super easy install, and is a very nicely made "kit" rack.

Awesome build! I also have the 2015 Pro-4x. What was your temp solution when you removed the stock roof lights before you installed the new lights? Did you remove any wiring or need to plug the hole in the roof for the wiring? I ask because I have a similar project coming up. Will be getting the upTop overland bravo rack and will not be running lights right away so trying to gauge what I’m in for. Thanks!

Matang

Rank IV

Advocate II

Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corp and Army
Awesome build...I want a Pro X bad but too expensive or an Off-road....just purchased a Hummer H3 and outfitting it ...love it so far.....how has your build held up? I'm still craving an Xterra

Salt

Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

Wow! Now I have something to work towards. I'm only on second Xterra, a 2013 Pro-4X. Thank you for posting your build. Inspiring!