My 2011 Beast

• HTML tutorial

TravisMiller

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I have a 2011 6.6L 2500 Silverado that I am turning into a quick trip beast. I have just refinished my camper shell that I picked up for $100 bucks. I will be installing lights, power/USB plugs in the back as well as side LEDs to point at the ground. The shell will be removable with quick disconnect power connections. I am also going to build a set of drawers to store gear and for sleeping on top. Light bar for the truck but nervous about poking holes in my truck. New to overlanding so anyone in the Texas area hit me up. Any ideas lets hear them.IMG_1839.JPG

Attachments

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

hey what up, just poking around and looking for truck bed drawer ideas. how did yours turn out?

BLACK_BETTY

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
Member #

Looks good. Hell of a deal on the cap. I am looking at a similar idea however I have a rooftop tent to mount on top and will be building a rack for over the bed. My debate now is whether or not I want a cap to keep gear dry or use tool boxes.

As far as ideas, you will probably want to make some screens for the windows (unless I just cant see them) due to the Texas heat and black color. No one wants to sleep in a solar oven. [emoji16] Maybe wire up a fan for some air circulation.

I would recommend running heavy cables to the bed for a s-pod or similar device that will have constant power. You can then add lights and other accessories to that for running less wires and for ease in disconnecting. One main plug from the battery will be much easier and the s-pod has all the fuses built in. Make sure you can monitor battery voltage from there too.

An awning (180 or 270 preferably) mounted to a roof rack on the cap would provide shade from the Texas sun as well as rain cover.

Maybe a radio in the back. I like getting out and unplugging but I dont put the radio in that category. Nothing like some tunes around a campfire.

I could keep going. Just rattling off things on my list. [emoji23]