Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Can't always cook over a fire or open campground grill, and sometimes you want more flavor than a stove griddle. Answer: a Weber Smokey Joe charcoal grill. Tested it out this weekend and 16 bricketts lasted 3 hours. It easily held 5 burgers, or a pack of hot dogs, pack of 6 thighs, or 3 good sized steaks. I slow cooked the burgers for 30 minutes, but could've done them in 15 minutes. Really nice flavor and a pleasant change from my gas Weber Grill. It's about 14" in diameter and 17" tall, giving it a small footprint in my RTT Trailer. WINNER! And only $35.
Smokey Joe.jpg

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

I use mine pretty regularly. Only downside is after a bit the grease build up on the lid creates a huge mess. Everytime I set the lid down it leaves a greasy ring and will actually drip grease while grilling.
Oh, and yesterday with high winds it was blown off a picnic table, fortunately it wasn't being used so only a charcoal mess to clean up.
I like it. Useful, cheap, works great for me and the Mrs. but darn messy!

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
I love mine but rarely take it with me camping anymore. I need to change that but it's kind of a pain to transport around for the off occasion I would use it. Once I got the Snow Peak panini maker or whatever it is called, that's what I mainly use now. An then just pan fry the steaks if I have one.