Sheridan Oregon
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Pringle
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7FVB
Love this thing! If your in the market for a new overlanding trailer you should definitely check out Mission Overland!

Attachments

bjohnson2607

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Johnson
I picked mine up 2 weeks ago. Question for you owners. When your trailer is parked at home/not connected to shore power do you power off the whole trailer so as not to draw charge off the batteries? If so how? I’ve emailed mission but haven’t heard back yet.

Reactions: er waddell

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I picked mine up 2 weeks ago. Question for you owners. When your trailer is parked at home/not connected to shore power do you power off the whole trailer so as not to draw charge off the batteries? If so how? I’ve emailed mission but haven’t heard back yet.
Shut off the fridge . That is the only draw. It is always a best practice to keep the trailer plugged into shore power whenever possible. Plugged into shore power keep your house battery charged.

er waddell

Rank VI
Investor

Influencer I

Bay Colony Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131, United States
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYU
Service Branch
United States Army
mep1811 is correct. The only real draw is the fridge. I actually unplugged my fridge because I keep something in the fridge door to keep it open to air it out. If is open the light inside the fridge is on.
Usually mine is in the garage, but I have it sitting in a friends yard. It is on solar only, and it is staying fully charged.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i have a similar type camp trailer and also just let it run on solar while parked at home.
i really like the pop up roof. anyone else other than the mission overland owner have a pop up roof like that?
it would be great if i could retro fit one to my camper. its barely 5' tall, so having that extra room a pop up provides would sure come in handy when getting up in the morning and trying to hunch over with a stiff back to put on clothes

er waddell

Rank VI
Investor

Influencer I

Bay Colony Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131, United States
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYU
Service Branch
United States Army
i have a similar type camp trailer and also just let it run on solar while parked at home.
i really like the pop up roof. anyone else other than the mission overland owner have a pop up roof like that?
it would be great if i could retro fit one to my camper. its barely 5' tall, so having that extra room a pop up provides would sure come in handy when getting up in the morning and trying to hunch over with a stiff back to put on clothes
I know that there are a few more that offer the pop up type of roof. I personally looked at the SniperX (sp?). It was really neat too.
The pop top has a great value for the missus on cold nights when she has to tinkle. She brings in a little collapsible toilet. It fits perfectly between the bed and the cabinet.
Standing up and having the dinette are great. We have only used the dinette once. We usually leave it configured in bed mode, and there is plenty of room to stand up and get dressed etc.

Mission is coming out with a new model that has a complete pop up. It is called the approach.

Reactions: grubworm

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

Picked a month ago. Maiden voyage was perfect. Roomy, easy to set up and towed perfectly. Next trip will be on a tougher trail.

The only thing I did not like is it had 1 battery and no solar. I added 2 Lithium 100AH batt 200W solar and will use my 150W portable panel.

Attachments

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Picked a month ago. Maiden voyage was perfect. Roomy, easy to set up and towed perfectly. Next trip will be on a tougher trail.

The only thing I did not like is it had 1 battery and no solar. I added 2 Lithium 100AH batt 200W solar and will use my 150W portable panel.
Good you had a good trip.

One of the great features of the MO trailer is you can customize the power system as you want it and not be forced to modify an expensive dealer installed system. installing your own system is much cheaper.