San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Justice
Member #

1) Hound's First Lake Trip.jpg
2) Location: San Antonio, Texas
3) Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport. Been building it up little by little over the past two years. *Pic is over a year old. I need to take a new one.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I've been off-roading and camping my entire life. I'm on my second rig in 20 years. Never been a "rock crawler", so it puts me on the outer edge of most "Jeepers". Overland/trail riding has always been my preference.

kithound

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Kit
Last Name
Hound
Member #

1) View attachment 131126
3) Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport. Been building it up little by little over the past two years. *Pic is over a year old. I need to take a new one.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I've been off-roading and camping my entire life. I'm on my second rig in 20 years. Never been a "rock crawler", so it puts me on the outer edge of most "Jeepers". Overland/trail riding has always been my preference.
Sweet little scooter there dude! Love how stripped down it is!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Gang! New here, figured I'd introduce myself. My name's Luke, I've been working in the outdoor hard goods space for the last several months with DMOS Collective, and got into the Overlanding space after just calling it car camping for a long time. :)
My rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero I bought earlier this year with 112K miles on it. It's the winter package, so fairly hardy with a factory rear locker. Did all sorts of preventative maintenance to it, then upgraded the shocks, wheels, and tires, with Kony Heavy Tracks, Black Rhino Stadium 16's, and Yoko Geolandar A/T's (in a conservative 32 since I daily this thing).
Here's a pic:
View attachment 131113
I'm located in Los Angeles, though the rest of the DMOS Team is in Jackson, WY.
As far as Overlanding experience, well... I'm gonna go with "Novice." Always more to learn.

Glad to be here! Member number 20942.

If I can be of any assistance or answer any questions about the DMOS Product lineup feel free to drop me a line.

All the best,

L

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just got logged in today and managed to upload an avatar, after signing up yesterday; just in time to see & participate in the Friday HAM net. Looking forward the sharing ideas and travels.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Y'all I'm David from Paris Texas I'm a novice and looking to do more over landing and off road. I have a 2017 Jeep Compass Trail hawk. backpacking and camping has been a big part of my life so over landing is the next step.
I anyone in my area has info on some Trails in Beavers bend area i would like to try them out.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all of you.

I am from Portugal.
I own a mitsubishi Pajero 3.2did SWB and I call it my T0
I do overland with my T0, it has running water, bed, fridge and other goodies.
Cheers.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

MTNTRLS

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Whitefish, Montana, United States
First Name
Kim
Last Name
Richards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DUE

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thanks Kent, I'll contact @Cendee

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello to all of you.

I am from Portugal.
I own a mitsubishi Pajero 3.2did SWB and I call it my T0
I do overland with my T0, it has running water, bed, fridge and other goodies.
Cheers.
Welcome from the USA, I can’t wait to see pictures of your Journeys and read of your adventures.
Hello,
I am located in north county San Diego. My truck is a 2014 F-150 platinum (supercrew, 4x4). Only light mods done to it so far, but big plans in the works. Excited to get out on more long term overlanding trips, meet local members, and start exploring all the trails close to me.
Welcome, glad you found us. You will find lots of good information and people here.
Hey Y'all I'm David from Paris Texas I'm a novice and looking to do more over landing and off road. I have a 2017 Jeep Compass Trail hawk. backpacking and camping has been a big part of my life so over landing is the next step.
I anyone in my area has info on some Trails in Beavers bend area i would like to try them out.
Hi, There are a lot of us that use Overlanding as bridge to other outdoor activities. Get out there and have fun.
Just got logged in today and managed to upload an avatar, after signing up yesterday; just in time to see & participate in the Friday HAM net. Looking forward the sharing ideas and travels.
welcome, glad you were able to get in on HAM night. I can’t wait until I can take my test.
I’m Phil Klinkenborg from Roseville, CA.
I have an ‘06 Jeep Wrangler LJ.
I’m a novice to the overlanding but ready to learn.
welcome, Being a novice has its perks. There are a lot of us veteran overlanders ready to take you under our wings and help teach you proper trail etiquette, recover, and answer any questions you might have.
Hey Gang! New here, figured I'd introduce myself. My name's Luke, I've been working in the outdoor hard goods space for the last several months with DMOS Collective, and got into the Overlanding space after just calling it car camping for a long time. :)
My rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero I bought earlier this year with 112K miles on it. It's the winter package, so fairly hardy with a factory rear locker. Did all sorts of preventative maintenance to it, then upgraded the shocks, wheels, and tires, with Kony Heavy Tracks, Black Rhino Stadium 16's, and Yoko Geolandar A/T's (in a conservative 32 since I daily this thing).
Here's a pic:
View attachment 131113
I'm located in Los Angeles, though the rest of the DMOS Team is in Jackson, WY.
As far as Overlanding experience, well... I'm gonna go with "Novice." Always more to learn.

Glad to be here! Member number 20942.

If I can be of any assistance or answer any questions about the DMOS Product lineup feel free to drop me a line.

All the best,

L
Nice rig, welcome to the community
Welcome, I have a very good friend down in SA that drives (or used to drive) a TJ set up similar to yours.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I’m Phil Klinkenborg from Roseville, CA.
I have an ‘06 Jeep Wrangler LJ.
I’m a novice to the overlanding but ready to learn.
Welcome to Overland Bound, and as @Kent R said I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here in the forums @Magic Mike

Make sure you browse through the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also remember to check Rally Points and the OB calendar for local meetups, trainings and trips. You have a few meetups within driving distance of Roseville. There is a meetup here in Auburn (Gold Country Overland), there is a meetup in El Dorado Hills (Sierra Foothills Overlanders), another meetup in Elk Grove & one in Ripon (Central CA). Feel free to make anyone of them, or all of them.

Hope to meet ya soon

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings from the Bay Area in CA! Just joined and looking to do lots of exploring of the surrounding NF/BLM lands with experienced people.
Welcome to Overland Bound, and as @Narbob said I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here in the forums @Magic Mike

Make sure you browse through the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also remember to check Rally Points and the OB calendar for local meetups, trainings and trips.

Hope to meet ya soon

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All!

I'm Emilio from the bay area California. I'm just getting into overlanding but have had this 1999 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 for about five years now. I've taken this stock rig on many great adventures through the Oregon back country while I lived in Eugene. I finally have the means to build this truck out and am looking forward to some amazing adventures to come. Please enjoy these pictures of the rig after its first major suspension overhaul (King coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, OME rear leaf setup, and fox rear shocks). Just the start ;)
Welcome to Overland Bound, and as @Kent R said I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here in the forums @Magic Mike

Make sure you browse through the new member threads for some great information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also remember to check Rally Points and the OB calendar for local meetups, trainings and trips.

Hope to meet ya soon

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
very excited to have found this page. want to get into overlanding, but on a simple level. i have a 08 mercedes gl320 CDI. a diesel that don't use def. only started with tires and radio so far and continue to look for gear. hoping to learn from the experienced people and not so experienced people. also hoping to follow along on trips to learn, promise to try to keep up.

Hope to meet ya soon

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello all from the heart of the USA in Kansas City. I’m most likely a bit of an anomaly here as my current “rig” is a 2015 Kia Forte5 yep a small little 2wd hatchback. Would I love a good off-road rig yes but I just cant justify one at the moment however, I'm not a complete outsider as from 1990 to 2010 I rocked a Jeep Cherokee and finally retired it after racking up 750,000 miles on her with countless miles off-road in Colorado and Utah she was beat down and I was sick of stitching her back together as fatigue was getting pretty bad and she just was not safe anymore without more work than I had time energy and money for. I still tun my head every time i see or here that straight 6 and have a hard time not stooping when i see one for sale. My current “Overlanding” primarily consists of weekend trips leaving from KC to camp and Mountain bike or Gravel bike with friends or to camping hiking and canoeing with my 2 girls (14yr and 11yr) my wife has retired from camping and refuses to sleep in a tent anymore. I hope to learn some tricks from you all as what you call “overlanding" seems to have plenty of overlap with my style of car camping and where many of you may be spending your day driving off-road I spend my day riding bikes or canoeing and my camps tend to be the most isolated spots I can find in designated camping areas vs true back country. View attachment 130928
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello from the great state of Texas. I am new to overlanding but not to camping. I am in the process of purchasing a Chevy ZR2 Bison edition and will use as my platform to build my overlanding rig. Looking forward to learning as much as possible about gear and locations.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

guess this is where I introduce myself, Names Brian, i put everything on my rig on with zero experience since i was 19 and nothing too horrible has resulted from that yet lol. Ive never participated in a forum till now so have mercy. Youtube is great for learning things but im sure theres plenty of people here that have a ton of information id love to know about. Looking foward to meeting everyone and finding new places to explore.

based out of NJ, insta is 75th_jk
Welcome to the forums!

Reactions: Kent R and 75th_jk

Nodscene

Rank 0

Contributor I

Timmins, ON, Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
Wilensky
Hello from Timmins Ontario, Canada.

Don't worry, most people in Ontario don't know where it is :)

I'm a new member and need a ton of advice :)

My biggest issue is that I have a very bad back and I haven't been able to go camping for a few years because setting up my current tent (9ft x 16ft) is just too much.

My plan is to buy a car (after 20 accident free years, I just rolled my second car in 6 months which has made my back worse) and modify it so I can camp out of it.

I haven't even decided yet what car to get and how much I plan to modify it. I'm currently looking at 2013 Subaru Impreza's (give or take a few years), a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek, or even a 2008 Subaru Forester (after reading reviews I'm a little scared to buy any other year).

My plans could be as simple as a plywood base with air mattress and a few accessories on an Impreza/Crosstrek (maybe with one of those attachable tents) to a more expansive build in the Forester. A lot will depend on the price I pay for the car. As I won't be doing any serious off roading a lift and some of the more extreme mods won't be necessary.

I've read my first few posts should be too long so I'll stop now and I'm happy to be a part of this forum and any and all help I get from the members. Aside from a ton of reading I'll also be asking a lot of questions :)

Thanks,

David.