Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

What all do you plan on putting in the trailer?
Potable water w/ pump for shower and dishes. Power for the pump, lights, and portable electronics. I have a 2 burner stove and propane bottle I'm trying to figure out how to mount.

This will basically be loaded so we will be trip/adventure ready at a moments notice.

RafterJB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hooks, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Binning
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Potable water w/ pump for shower and dishes. Power for the pump, lights, and portable electronics. I have a 2 burner stove and propane bottle I'm trying to figure out how to mount.

This will basically be loaded so we will be trip/adventure ready at a moments notice.
Sounds like a plan. Have seen a few that I like with a slide out kitchen. It was pretty slick when it was set up for the night.

Reactions: Trent Munson

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Everyone!

Rig: 2012 Land Rover LR4
Experience: Novice. My wife and I have lots of backpacking experience. But now we have 2 small(but exponentially growing) kiddos that enjoy car camping. We want to overland to give
our kids more new experiences and to increase the drops in our family time bucket.

Cheers and hope to meet you out on the trails,
Ezra
Welcome to Overland Bound Ezra (@ezod98)! I love the fact that you want to take your little ones out to experience more than just the developed campgrounds. It was experiences like that in my childhood the cemented my love for nature and exploring. The PNW is a great place to do that too, so I know you will have great family time. There are a lot of members throughout the Portland/Vancouver area and lots of stuff going on south of you in the Salem area. The best place to start is in our NorthWest Region forum [link]. To find out more about what is going on in western Oregon, you can hit up @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, as they are the member reps in the area. You should also keep an eye on the Rally Point system [link], as we use that to announce events.

I look forward to meeting you in person. Until then, if you need anything, please feel free to hit me up on the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: ezod98

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi Everyone!

Rig: 2012 Land Rover LR4
Experience: Novice. My wife and I have lots of backpacking experience. But now we have 2 small(but exponentially growing) kiddos that enjoy car camping. We want to overland to give
our kids more new experiences and to increase the drops in our family time bucket.

Cheers and hope to meet you out on the trails,
Ezra
Welcome Ezra! Make sure to check out the FB page and the forums for your local region!

Reactions: Bob Dunlop

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks!

My name is Jay.
Location: Currently Living in Northern Virginia, but home will always be Colorado.
Rig: 2015 Town and County Mini-van. It fits the wife, three kids and a small dog with stuff really well. Looking to add an adventure trailer to make Nomadic action easier.
Overlanding Experience: Minor. Little bit of Boy Scout adventuring, and my wife insists on camping where there is plumbing available (lot of tummy issues in the family, so this is not unreasonable) but I am looking to get out with the kids more as they get older.

Speak at you all later!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Patriot

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! Super stoked to join and be part of the community here! I am also happy to say I officially purchased my overland vehicle 2 weeks ago and have already started plans for modifications.

I live in a Southeastern, MA about 40 min ride to Boston or Providence, RI. Normally taking my previous vehicles 4 wheeling on the beaches in Cape Cod, but I am looking forward to more backwoods adventures up north in NH, VT or Maine.

2016 Tacoma Sport- Double Cab
6 Speed Manual 4x4

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark. I am located in Lubbock, Texas. I have a 2018 Jeep JLU. My prior rig was a 2014 JKU. I am just getting in to Overlanding but I have a lot of camping experience.

ephymel

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Louisiana, USA
Member #

Hello...
Glad to join the Overland Bound Community. My friends call me Paul. I'm new to overlanding and live in a small community in southern Louisiana ...I'm now retired and have more time to enjoy the great outdoors whether from my 4wd vehicle or motorcycle...I officially started my overlanding adventure with a few days traveling to and through the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks in Moab, UT back in January of 2019. The views and scenery were spectacular. I'm very much enjoying my travels in my 2019 4runner TRD OFFROAD or riding scenic routes with friends on my 2018 Harley Street Glide Special. Viewing all of the scenic highways and offroad trails is a wonderful experience. And, I agree...adventure is necessary...:wink:
IMG_0784.JPGIMG_1159.JPG

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello...
Glad to join the Overland Bound Community. My friends call me Paul. I'm new to overlanding and live in a small community in southern Louisiana ...I'm now retired and have more time to enjoy the great outdoors whether from my 4wd vehicle or motorcycle...I officially started my overlanding adventure with a few days traveling to and through the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks in Moab, UT back in January of 2019. The views and scenery were spectacular. I'm very much enjoying my travels in my 2019 4runner TRD OFFROAD or riding scenic routes with friends on my 2018 Harley Street Glide Special. Viewing all of the scenic highways and offroad trails is a wonderful experience. And, I agree...adventure is necessary...:wink:
IMG_0784.JPGIMG_1159.JPG
Welcome! Make sure to check out your local regional forums for events and other neat info. Hit me up if your ever in the PNW!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello...
IMG_0784.JPGIMG_1159.JPG
Welcome to Overland Bound

TheGingerDad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Austin, TX, USA
Member #

I'm in Austin. New to Overlanding but not to camping. Drove from Austin to Yellowstone and then Glacier National Parks last year in our Kia Sorento. Driving up the Going to the Sun Rd and St Joseph's Hwy almost killed so....so I bought my first Jeep..... Looking forward to heading out to Big Bend soon and some off roading.

Attachments

WTFSoCal

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Lake Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1BU
Hello there all, Im John, but all by youtube and instagram friends call me SoCal. I am new to Jeep, and reuniting myself with Overlanding since the early 90's when it wsa called car-camping LOL . the rig is a fairly new JLU Rubicon with a mopar 2.5in lift, 35's, poison spyder bumpers , a pioneer rack on maximus3 mounts, and a pile of lights and gagetry to keep me entertained. Im a Extra Class HAM and an IT Engineer. Im pretty new to this 4x4 overlanding thing, its been along time but i know im gonna love the learning process. Im also very involved in the shooting sports and Extreme long range rifle (1500 yards and out) shooting and reloading as well. Cheers all.

Attachments

Last edited:

JonoTroopy

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado
Member #

Hey Legends...
Name: Jonathan Ballesteros
Rig: Troopcarrier Toyota 1989 in Australia and a Sprinter Van in USA
Experience: Feeling pretty good. Lived in a van for a year in Australia. Climbed Mt. Corel, got out of beaches/bogged mud. Still learning.

My expertise definitely comes with minimizing weight penalty due to water for showers. I've designed a product that provides people hot showers with less than 1 gallon of water. I'm eager to find out what the community thinks. Will be debuting the Geyser System at Overland ExpoWest with Tourig.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello folks, my name is William
Location SW Virginia/ east Tn.
Drive a modified 96 Jeep Cherokee
Novice to overlanding not camping
Love to work on my vehicles, and being outdoors.
Welcome to OLB!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound the Virginia Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: JonoTroopy

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey folks!

My name is Jay.
Location: Currently Living in Northern Virginia, but home will always be Colorado.
Rig: 2015 Town and County Mini-van. It fits the wife, three kids and a small dog with stuff really well. Looking to add an adventure trailer to make Nomadic action easier.
Overlanding Experience: Minor. Little bit of Boy Scout adventuring, and my wife insists on camping where there is plumbing available (lot of tummy issues in the family, so this is not unreasonable) but I am looking to get out with the kids more as they get older.

Speak at you all later!
Hi Jay, welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound your local Member Rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Jordan here. Born and raised in St Lawrence Valley in Upstate NY just a stones throw from the Canadian border. Now i have the good fortune of living miles from town, in the scenic Adirondack Mountain Foothills. I'm a US Army Veteran (68W Combat Medic), and former LEO. I currently work in private sector Emergency Medical Services. I've been Overlanding for the better part of the past decade to one degree or another and I've had a few different rigs over the years, including a 2006 Tahoe, 2004 TJ, and a 2010 JKU, to name a few. My current rig is a 2007 Jeep WK with a RC 2" BB, riding on 265-70-r17 Duratracs on stock wheels with 1" spacers. I've added an Apex rack to factory cross bars and will be fabricating some steel cross bars to get rack tucked in a little tighter to the rig in the coming weeks. Lighting and Comms setup to follow as well as custom jack, and traction board mounts for the rack. Looking forward to gaining some insight from the forums, and passing along what knowledge i possess to others.

Happy Trails

View attachment 95349
Jordan welcome to OB and the East Region from a fellow NY'er!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Overland Bound Meetups

Reactions: JonoTroopy

Mattsimonton

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi all,
Stumbled on the forum researching mods and gear for my ‘14 F150 FX-4. I am based out of southern Maryland but looking to relocate to Denver in a few months. We do a lot of car based tent camping, and have been wanting to get out further. Until now, I’ve been an on road guy, having worked on ‘stangs and kit cars. Looking forward to getting off-road.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

Just came on board, originally from the Bay Area but moved to Central Valley! Can't wait to join on the trail rides. I hope someone can point me to some of the easy level overlanding near me perhaps within 100 miles. My daily driver is a 2013 Nissan Xterra, 4WD just recently purchased and it came with the OB #1108. Anyway, looking forward to meeting fellow overlanders soon.

Reactions: Bob Dunlop