Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
By far one of the coolest builds i've seen! Cant wait to see the progression of this thing - thanks for sharing.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to meet you. If you have any question or concerns your Regional Director is @Jedi. He will be able to help you out.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello Everyone. I am Michael and am intermediate to experienced in overlanding. I like to get out of the city for a few days and live out of my truck with my fiance and 3 dogs. Look forward to meeting some of you on the trails.

Rig: 2004 Land Rover Discovery HSE7
Welcome to OB!!!
We have a meetup the second Saturday each month in Hawthorne. You’re welcome to join us.

Reactions: Romose

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Thanks for the info, I’m in process of building house so will be looking to purchase after house is done .im a research guy and trying to figure out what to get m there’s pros to both rigs
The great thing about a meetup is that you don't need to have a rig yet.

Romose

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gardena, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Romo
Member #

Welcome to OB!!!
We have a meetup the second Saturday each month in Hawthorne. You’re welcome to join us.
Sweet man I'll try to make the May 11th one as that is actually my b-day and the fiance might have something planned. Do you know where I could look for info on meet-ups/day trips?

Reactions: Narbob

Patriot

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Hello and thank you for the kind welcome and having us aboard. My wife and I just ordered a 2019 Intech Flyer Pursue in Silver Moon with the Adventure package which is a close color match with our Silver Tundra Crewmax. Ours is being built will take delivery mid June. We are both retired and live in Western North Carolina in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are many places to camp in the Blue Ridge mountains and foot hills. We are blueberry farmers in the mid summer when we are not traveling and camping. We are all about adventure camping and off the beaten path expedition camping. Here are a few a photos of the Overland camper we are having built.

We chose the InTech Flyer Pursue as it is lightweight all aluminum, rugged, and very well built, tall people sleep room friendly and garage friendly. We particularly wanted this camper as it will fit in our garage. We did not want to pay storage fees.
We look forward to learning, making campfire friends, and passing forward knowledge to other like minded Overlanders!
Cheers!

FC6FD769-1997-4793-AEEB-62E2D3FFD646.jpeg05A3986C-1673-4F6E-B034-3702CEBF1E37.jpegE6626429-36AC-4BBC-AC50-BAAE7497538E.jpeg

Last edited:

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Sweet man I'll try to make the May 11th one as that is actually my b-day and the fiance might have something planned. Do you know where I could look for info on meet-ups/day trips?
Here’s links for meetups and trip planning. You can also find threads throughout the forum.

Reactions: Patriot

tomamiis

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Placerville california
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Harris
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GJR
Good morning Overland Bound,

Been a member for a few years just never posted "New Member Info."

I am located in Placerville, CA.

My rig is a 97 FJ80 with a few modifications.
2" Ironman suspension
Baja Rack
33" mud tires
Tuff Stuff RTT
Modified/Fab JK rear bumper w/tire carrier
I Raptor liner the entire rig tank green.

Mediocre experience. Been to Mojave, Death Valley, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. Definitely no Rock crawling! I like my vehicle :)

Have a great day!

Tony

Attachments

ezod98

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portland
First Name
Ezra
Last Name
A
Member #

Hi Everyone!

Rig: 2012 Land Rover LR4
Experience: Novice. My wife and I have lots of backpacking experience. But now we have 2 small(but exponentially growing) kiddos that enjoy car camping. We want to overland to give
our kids more new experiences and to increase the drops in our family time bucket.

Cheers and hope to meet you out on the trails,
Ezra

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A

2" Ironman suspension
Baja Rack
33" mud tires
Tuff Stuff RTT

Mediocre experience. Been to Mojave, Death Valley, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. Definitely no Rock crawling! I like my vehicle :)

Have a great day!

Tony
Here’s a late welcome to OverlandBound!!

You definitely want to check out Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your Member Representative, @Magic Mike , or me, your Regional Director @Narbob

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone!

Rig: 2012 Land Rover LR4
Experience: Novice. My wife and I have lots of backpacking experience. But now we have 2 small(but exponentially growing) kiddos that enjoy car camping. We want to overland to give
our kids more new experiences and to increase the drops in our family time bucket.

Cheers and hope to meet you out on the trails,
Ezra
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello OB
Just checking in from Sonoma County.
I have a 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and a 2004 Chevy w/ a Four Wheel Camper
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
West - Reoccurring - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup - 03/09/2019

I am your U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone. New member and new to overlanding and off roading. Located in the Bay Area, CA and just bought a stock 17 GX 460. Looking forward to learning and building my rig for adventure. Also joined GXOR.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am your U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Bonez

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

2" Ironman suspension
Baja Rack
33" mud tires
Tuff Stuff RTT

Have a great day!

Tony
Welcome to overland Bound, I can see that @Narbob has already welcomed you. I am your member representative, so if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Also come out to our monthly meet up at Sierra Foothills Overlanders. Meetup dates are posted in the calendar.

Reactions: Narbob

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello and thank you for the kind welcome and having us aboard. My wife and I just ordered a 2019 Intech Flyer Pursue in Silver Moon with the Adventure package which is a close color match with our Silver Tundra Crewmax. Ours is being built will take delivery mid June. We are both retired and live in Western North Carolina in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are many places to camp in the Blue Ridge mountains and foot hills. We are blueberry farmers in the mid summer when we are not traveling and camping. We are all about adventure camping and off the beaten path expedition camping. Here are a few a photos of the Overland camper we are having built.

We chose the InTech Flyer Pursue as it is lightweight all aluminum, rugged, and very well built, tall people sleep room friendly and garage friendly. We particularly wanted this camper as it will fit in our garage. We did not want to pay storage fees.
We look forward to learning, making campfire friends, and passing forward knowledge to other like minded Overlanders!
Cheers!

View attachment 95396View attachment 95395View attachment 95397
Welcome to Overland Bound

RafterJB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hooks, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Binning
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey y’all I’m Justin
Experience: novice/moderate
Rig: 08 Toyota Tacoma TRD. Just bought it last week for the future wife and I to get started in the overland world. I also have an 86 FJ 62 that I’m slowly working on when I get a chance. In the meantime the taco will have to do.
Took it out on its maiden voyage this weekend and was honestly quite impressed. It did great for being all stock plus it was very comfortable for the future wife and I, plus the 3 dogs. After getting home my mind has ran rampant with ideas for the taco. Now if I could only win the lottery

Attachments

Trent Munson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

Hello! Trent here, I'm a few miles south of Houston/ Pearland, Texas. I am new to the "overlanding" world. I have a 08 JKU Sahara that we've had for several years. Not a lot of modifications have been made to it. It's been able to get me where I've needed it to, as is, so far. I'm currenty building a trailer for my RTT, to use as a base camp when we go out. I'm actually proud and excited about this project. Hope it turns like I've imagined, and we are excited to get out and see different parts of the country.
20190411_200605.jpg20190408_142348.jpg

RafterJB

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hooks, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Binning
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello! Trent here, I'm a few miles south of Houston/ Pearland, Texas. I am new to the "overlanding" world. I have a 08 JKU Sahara that we've had for several years. Not a lot of modifications have been made to it. It's been able to get me where I've needed it to, as is, so far. I'm currenty building a trailer for my RTT, to use as a base camp when we go out. I'm actually proud and excited about this project. Hope it turns like I've imagined, and we are excited to get out and see different parts of the country.
View attachment 95507View attachment 95509
What all do you plan on putting in the trailer?