Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The photo were taken in Gunshot creek, north Queensland, Simpson Desert and Victorian high country. All about 1500 to 2000 kilometres from home in different directions. She's a big and beautiful country this one. One more local place for fun.[/QUOTE
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, new member from Acworth, GA. Been off roading for many years just never anything official. Can't wait to learn more here. My truck is a 2012 Tacoma TRD Baja. Were looking to add a roof top tent or trailer configuration here soon.

-John
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: JPRatJ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here, thanks for adding me. I come from hiking mostly, then to renting a 4wheel drive rental to go camping and finally getting a dedicated rig to do just that. Live in Princeton MA, right in the center of MA. Looking forward to seeing even more of the country.
Oh the rig is a 2016 JKU
Paul

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Signed up a couple of days ago and excited about starting. I have been on the sidelines for years and I am anxious to start creating memories for my boys before they start driving. I have 83 4x4 truck (OD stopped at 385k), 99 tacoma, 96 lexus 450, 16 jeep 75th, and 18 F250. I live in Guthrie, OK but have been spending a lot of time in Eastern Wyoming (Gillette area). I'm new to this so hoping to learn a lot. I have spent a lot of time in off road environments but nothing organised. Thank you
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yooooo just patiently waiting for my member number email. In the mean time I’m from Vancouver Island Canada and have an affinity for rock crawling and the “hard” stuff. BUT also love exploring, adventure, and making poor choices that always work out well. Like recently driving 2700 miles round trip as a personal goal/challenge to build a comfortably streetable rock crawler and drive it to King of the Hammers, wheel, and drive home. I’m looking at the ranking options and wondering if I can use recent/past trips to rank up?

I’ve poked fun at Overlanding but it’s in a friendly way because it’s the exploration and being outdoors with a vehicle that unites us regardless of how extreme you take it or what brand you favour. I have a bit of a personal challenge to participate in Overlanding trips that have a more extreme side to them where my challenge is more keeping my rig legal streetable and comfortable to drive long distances in. I’m sure I’ll find some great ideas here!

Next step is figuring out how to upload pics direct without the hoops of urls to third party hosting sites any links on how to do that?

Rig is a 91 2wd toyota pickup. Centred bj60 rear diff and bj60 front diff with 3 link panhard and coilovers. 40” tires dual cases and other doodads.

Thanks for all that are behind the scenes on this forum/community!

Reactions: the_dirty_birfield

Sunkist Taco

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Bruno ca, usa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kj6mmh
Hello Overlandbounders. My name is Luke but I go by the handle Sunkist Taco. I'm from the SF Bay area peninsula. I've been overlanding for just over 10 years. I used to be heavy into Jeep's and rock crawling but the Tacoma's reliability and versatility has finally won me over. I've got a third gen Tacoma TRD Off Road 6 speed (Save the manuals!) I'm looking forward to plenty of trips and meeting new Tacomies this year. FB_IMG_1537252742789.jpeg

BulliCruiser

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hotel Allegra, Hamelirainstrasse 3, Kloten, Zürich 8302, Switzerland
First Name
Holger
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Zello: SOHO1980
Hello I`m Holger, 39 years old and I live in Zurich / Switzerland.
I drive a 2018 VW T6 4motion / California Ocean.
With that Rig I`m cruising around Europe.

I`m into overlanding since many years and I have done numerous tours across Europe, Southern Africa and Asia.

I hope to expand my network here and also to expand the overlanding community in Europe.

Attachments

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

Hi! Building my first overlanding rig & restoring it as well it’s a 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ 2 door with 55K original miles I got it for free,

I’m from Massachusetts & I’ll be doing overlanding all over mass Maine New Hampshire & Vermont as well as long road trips across the country to Florida & California
Good luck on the restoration and on your cross country journey

iamthejoel

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

0F747E4B-F8EA-490D-89BE-C3E4CEA508E7.jpeg 537EDADA-8B47-4505-906D-CB06721F1424.jpeg

New member to the OLB community and to the forum! Really grateful to have found both through instagram as I’m a newb in so many aspects and will be hitting the road for 4 months this summer and building out my rig.

Joel Davis
Tampa, Fl
5th gen Subaru Outback with a few mods + Freespirit Recreation Overland Trailer and Rooftop Tent

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Hello I`m Holger, 39 years old and I live in Zurich / Switzerland.
I drive a 2018 VW T6 4motion / California Ocean.
With that Rig I`m cruising around Europe.

I`m into overlanding since many years and I have done numerous tours across Europe, Southern Africa and Asia.

I hope to expand my network here and also to expand the overlanding community in Europe.
Hallo Holger, willkommen.

Alter-Ego

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Schindler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA6BZ
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting me join the group. I have been an avid off-reader for a long time, but I like to have a destination in mind or a trail to explore. I no longer enjoy repeated trips to the same old spots. I recently traded in my Power Wagon on what I hope to be a dependable overlanding vehicle. Here is the rundown on me;

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee -Eco-Diesel
Currently located in the Fraser Valley, B.C.

Dream trip would be to drive to Panama.

Jen’sDiana

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Spokane
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Jamison
Hi everyone from the snowy Pacific Northwest. I’ve been a member for a few months but I haven’t posted anything yet. I am looking for people in my area to go out with and ride some trails so I’m not out riding them on my own. I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited named Diana. She is my daily driver who I take out everywhere when I go kayaking, hiking, tent camping, mountain biking, and all around exploring.
Thanks for your time.

Jenn

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Hi everyone from the snowy Pacific Northwest. I’ve been a member for a few months but I haven’t posted anything yet. I am looking for people in my area to go out with and ride some trails so I’m not out riding them on my own. I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited named Diana. She is my daily driver who I take out everywhere when I go kayaking, hiking, tent camping, mountain biking, and all around exploring.
Thanks for your time.

Jenn
If you haven't been to expo in Leavenworth it's worth going. Keep an eye on rally points for meet ups in your area. Welcome to the forum from Olympia. Brent KJ7BHN

Reactions: Jedi

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

Rig: 2016 jk and 2017 jku.

Pretty new to overlanding, but supper excited to explore everywhere we can!

snake6778

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, TX, USA
Member #

Hey I just joined! I have a 2018 Taco that I've done a few things to:

* ARE HD camper shell
* Decked storage
* Installed LED strips with dimmers in the camper shell
* several smaller mods for camping

I'm ordering my rooftop tent tonight. Hopefully it comes in before I start camping soon. I'll be camping every weekend in March and April!

Here's a picture of the stickers I just made for it lol:

Attachments