Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone. Just joined this morning and my wife, my 5 year old son and I are super excited to meet some new friends that are into the same kind of stuff we are. We have a very mild (for now) 2014 Jeep JKU that we bought a couple months ago. We all love to camp, fish and wheel and look forward to some trips soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound from Central New York!

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hello from Vancouver, BC! :)

Brand new to overlanding; just bought a '02 WJ and looking to get it all set up for summer trips. Would love any suggestions on what to do and where to go!
Chilliwack and Harrison Lake are both a wheeler's paradise. Zillions of back country trails to explore. The Cheam-Thurston loop in particular, fondly known as the Mini Whipsaw, is a great route with incredible views that's located in the Chilliwack River Valley.

Welcome aboard!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone. Just joined this morning and my wife, my 5 year old son and I are super excited to meet some new friends that are into the same kind of stuff we are. We have a very mild (for now) 2014 Jeep JKU that we bought a couple months ago. We all love to camp, fish and wheel and look forward to some trips soon.
Welcome To Overland Bound!!! Make sure and check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet-ups.....

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Thanks! [emoji5]
My pleasure :)

I should also mention that BC Overland Rally is coming up in June and the early bird tickets are on sale (reduced price) I went to 2018 and it was an absolutely fantastic event. I might try to organize an OB meetup just before in order to drive the West Harrison FSR en route to the event.

Reactions: RandieMcA

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

RandieMcA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member #

My pleasure :)

I should also mention that BC Overland Rally is coming up in June and the early bird tickets are on sale (reduced price) I went to 2018 and it was an absolutely fantastic event. I might try to organize an OB meetup just before in order to drive the West Harrison FSR en route to the event.
I would be into that for sure! Keep me updated!

I’ve been looking to see if there’s anything going on around here in the next few weeks also. I just bought this WJ and want to go for a run in it. Nothing is done to it yet but would still be nice.

Anything coming up?

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I would be into that for sure! Keep me updated!

I’ve been looking to see if there’s anything going on around here in the next few weeks also. I just bought this WJ and want to go for a run in it. Nothing is done to it yet but would still be nice.

Anything coming up?
I don't specifically know of any local events in the next few weeks, but if I hear of any, I'll post them up in the Western Canada regional forum and include an @RandieMcA to you. You may also want to to check out BC4wd association, I think they run intro to 4wd runs locally. They'll be at BCOR as well. Cheers!

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Hey guys new to the group. Really excited to have found this site and this group. We’re a family of 5 always love to camp, hunt and fish and wheel. We’ve been getting into overlanding now that our boys aren’t babies anymore. Got a 2015 JKU lifted 4” with 35’s. She looks nice and clean but she plays all the time. I'm relatively new to Overlanding and relatively experienced wheeling. Looking forward to meeting other fellow overlanders and wheelers and enjoy some new adventures. Hoping to meet some of you guys locally and along the way.

Attachments

Walnut

Rank 0
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Covington, WA, USA
First Name
Zane
Last Name
Holmes
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7SYA
Hello all! Finally getting around to making an account since I've lurked here a while off and on.

My kids are getting to the age now where I will be able to do possible overnight camping adventures and such, so I am broadening my reach I guess for places to go/and people to meet.

I drive a lifted 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. The thing is an absolute slug with larger tires and loaded down, but I have had more fun with this car in a little over a year than the 7+ years I've driven turbocharged cars. haha.

I'm pretty new to "overlanding" per se, but I also didn't know car camping/adventuring had a legitimate name until about 2 years ago. The Crosstrek has been the first car I've owned that can do anything off pavement further than a gravel parking lot, but I have had offroad experience with my dad when I was younger.

Anyways, look forward to chatting/meeting some of you fine folks.

IvX2r9B - Imgur.png

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello all! Finally getting around to making an account since I've lurked here a while off and on.

My kids are getting to the age now where I will be able to do possible overnight camping adventures and such, so I am broadening my reach I guess for places to go/and people to meet.

I drive a lifted 2018 Subaru Crosstrek. The thing is an absolute slug with larger tires and loaded down, but I have had more fun with this car in a little over a year than the 7+ years I've driven turbocharged cars. haha.

I'm pretty new to "overlanding" per se, but I also didn't know car camping/adventuring had a legitimate name until about 2 years ago. The Crosstrek has been the first car I've owned that can do anything off pavement further than a gravel parking lot, but I have had offroad experience with my dad when I was younger.

Anyways, look forward to chatting/meeting some of you fine folks.

View attachment 84311
Welcome to OLB! Love your rig!

Reactions: Walnut