Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Kent,

I’ve seen many invites come in for a rally point, but i am unable to see or access them as of yet. I won’t be able to see them till I pay for a membership is that right?
Yes a one time membership will get you all the expanded info on the forum.

Pith Dude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lueker
Member #

Hello from Virginia! I've been overland bound, albeit intermittently, for almost 40 years now, so I was practically giddy when I found this site today! My parents got me hooked on road trips almost a half century ago thanks to our living on the East Coast (USA) with most of our family in Southern California. Back then I'd look at the trails and tracks leading up and away from the highway and I'd dream of returning one day to explore them. In my 20s I bought a Jeep and started doing just that. I'm now on my 5th "Adventure Vehicle" and have a checklist of "overlandy" enhancements I'd like to make as time and finances permit! It's so cool to have stumbled upon a group of like-minded folks!
PA230276-Pano.jpg

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello from Virginia! I've been overland bound, albeit intermittently, for almost 40 years now, so I was practically giddy when I found this site today! My parents got me hooked on road trips almost a half century ago thanks to our living on the East Coast (USA) with most of our family in Southern California. Back then I'd look at the trails and tracks leading up and away from the highway and I'd dream of returning one day to explore them. In my 20s and bought a Jeep and started doing just that. I'm now on my 5th "Adventure Vehicle" and have a checklist of "overlandy" enhancements I'd like to make as time and finances permit! It's so cool to have stumbled upon a group of like-minded folks!
View attachment 80494
Welcome from NOVA/DC!

Reactions: Pith Dude

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Virginia! I've been overland bound, albeit intermittently, for almost 40 years now, so I was practically giddy when I found this site today! My parents got me hooked on road trips almost a half century ago thanks to our living on the East Coast (USA) with most of our family in Southern California. Back then I'd look at the trails and tracks leading up and away from the highway and I'd dream of returning one day to explore them. In my 20s and bought a Jeep and started doing just that. I'm now on my 5th "Adventure Vehicle" and have a checklist of "overlandy" enhancements I'd like to make as time and finances permit! It's so cool to have stumbled upon a group of like-minded folks!
View attachment 80494
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mike Yarlett
Murfreesboro TN
Rig:2006 sequoia SR5
Experience: Camping, Hiking, new to off road but can drive anything.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Reactions: Donald Kerns

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Happy New Year all! Excited to begin the new year as a new member.
View attachment 80575 View attachment 80576
Andrew French
Belton Texas
Rig: 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Experience: new to the technical aspects of off roading.love camping,hiking, and especially Fishing.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Donald Kerns

Ducknm

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Montoya
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey, I’m glad to be a part of this pretty cool overland community. I’ve been overlanding for a couple of years now and love it. My rig is a 2005 Tacoma built for adventure. I’m excited to plan some great trips for this coming year, and I’m looking forward to gathering a ton of info from you all. I’ve done a lot of Colorado trips and want to venture west to Arizona and Utah..
Yup, there is a rooftop tent under the kayaks..

Attachments

Donald Kerns

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Worthington, WV, USA
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I’m glad to be a part of this pretty cool overland community. I’ve been overlanding for a couple of years now and love it. My rig is a 2005 Tacoma built for adventure. I’m excited to plan some great trips for this coming year, and I’m looking forward to gathering a ton of info from you all. I’ve done a lot of Colorado trips and want to venture west to Arizona and Utah..
Yup, there is a rooftop tent under the kayaks..

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone I'm checking in front north central West Virginia. My rides a black 2017 Tacoma trd sport though I'm seriously considering trading for an off road later this year. I'm not a hard core off broader I just love to throw our gear in the back and hit the dirt.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hey, checking in from Western MD. I have a 2019 GMC AT4 which I run for both DD and having fun. I've been enjoying the offroad fun since living on the OBX. I test myself and my vehicle through various mountain regions, and road trips. Like the post above me, I love to just throw gear and go

Overland Vic

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Vic
Last Name
Member #

Happy New Years Overland Bound Community!

Orange, Southern California

17 Toyota 4runner

Novice Overlanding experience and looking to learn daily from Overland Bound.

Photo: I have a penchant for adventures in the California Deserts and looking to explore more trails with fellow OB members all over USA.

Bucket list: Overland to all inner 48 states. Looking forward to connect with local OB meetups!

Favorite food: Ice Cream

Many thanks in advance to Michael and the OB staff!

- Vic

CALI DESERT.JPG

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
hello all, I am Jason. i currently drive a 2012 Ford Raptor. And as for experience, i spend a lot of time up in the hills hunting and fishing, id say i am an avid outdoorsman. but as for overland its relatively new to me, i haven't done a trip specifically for overland. My trips are mostly day trips but i am hoping to change all that soon.

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Jaytperry89! Southern Oregon is an area that is just starting to grow for Overland Bound. I know that @Kent R has been working to get a meetup going there. Beyond that, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so if you are willing to travel a little, then I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.