Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Yeah, no warranty (paid cash) and I forgot to mention the two times i got backed into while parked at work. I dig the Nissans because they have a lot of power compared to the Tacomas (in my opinion) especially for the buck. I totalled my first ('00 Frontier SE CC) I've had pretty good luck. My second ("01 Pathfinder SE) went 226k before anything major went wrong with it. The third ('12 Pathfinder 4x4) just rolled 100k and is running strong. The third draw would be the fact that I'm 5'7" and full size trucks are too large. Especially when you lift them... I don't have the legs to get in!
Oh, that's annoying. My passenger door is dented in because someone backed into it while I was parallel parked. Very annoying. Hope to have it fixed shortly. Seems like, other than this year, you've mostly had a good run with them. That's good. My experience with the Pathfinder was overall positive. And it's good to hear good stories for a change too. Thanks.

Reactions: Adventure Bully Rig

Tich

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all, a Traveller from South Australia. Love the site, and looking to see how you guys do things.
I have a 2003 NISSAN PATROL GUIII wagon with 2 inch lift, 33s, winch and side protection. Mainly for tracks, but goes anywhere.
I also have a 2013 MAZDA BT-50 dual cab ute with 2inch lift, 33s, bulbar, rear bar and side protection. mainly for longer trips although we did the SIMMO last year West to East with a small group, so still very capable.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all, a Traveller from South Australia. Love the site, and looking to see how you guys do things.
I have a 2003 NISSAN PATROL GUIII wagon with 2 inch lift, 33s, winch and side protection. Mainly for tracks, but goes anywhere.
I also have a 2013 MAZDA BT-50 dual cab ute with 2inch lift, 33s, bulbar, rear bar and side protection. mainly for longer trips although we did the SIMMO last year West to East with a small group, so still very capable.
Hi John and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Megapiksy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Redmond, WA
Member #

Better pic of my Jeep, down by Carbonado / Evan;s Creek OHV. Looking forward to exploring more of PNW and meeting new people.
20140706_161420.jpg

ALCOM,

I answer to HattZ (hats). I just bought a Hemi 06 Jeep commander, not ideal for tons of easy modification, but I think she will be a good platform to build on and learn with.
Over the next year or so I plan on setting up good coms, upgrading to better bumpers with a good winch, maybe throw a roof rack / tent on it, ideally a lift substantial enough so I can run 33s. I'm limited by the current place I live in, because it's an apartment and parking height is limited.

I've got a 95 E150 that I love and have taken off road a number of times. Absolutely not the best vehicle for it, but I love that van. She has 276k+ miles on her and has carried me faithfully for the last decade plus. She makes a great road tripper and can run just about any forest road but she's getting old.

My Lady has an 08 Wrangler X with a 2in lift, she's not extremely excited about taking her jeep off road for fear of damaging it. But I'm sure if we go on a few good adventures she will want to join in her own jeep.

Main reason I'm here is to meet local people to learn about great local trails and the best ways to get my Jeep into capable and dependable condition to explore with.

thanks, hope this wasn't too long

Pic: Red, Charlie, and my Lady's Jeep (might attach full size pic somehow?)
View attachment 45238

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Michael G.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Orleans, Louisiana
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gauthreaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5AZA
Hi Everyone,

Michael
Louisiana Area
Chevrolet Colorado currently but Hoping to get a 4Runner soon
Beginner Overlander - have done camping and such but from an overland perspective i am a beginner.

Thanks

Reactions: Burque Outbound

jland504

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings from the south everyone! I am Jason. I go by Jay or Jason doesnt really matter to me. I am from New Orleans, LA. I currently do not have an overlanding rig. My daily is a Nissan Rogue. At some point i will have an overlanding rig which will be a highlight of my life because i love anything automotive such as fixing them or modding them to give it my own personal touch. I have never overlanded before so i would say i am a Beginner Overlander. I have for the most part been just a tent camper at state parks. I have always found overlanding interesting and have hopes of joining in on the fun someday.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings from the south everyone! I am Jason. I go by Jay or Jason doesnt really matter to me. I am from New Orleans, LA. I currently do not have an overlanding rig. My daily is a Nissan Rogue. At some point i will have an overlanding rig which will be a highlight of my life because i love anything automotive such as fixing them or modding them to give it my own personal touch. I have never overlanded before so i would say i am a Beginner Overlander. I have for the most part been just a tent camper at state parks. I have always found overlanding interesting and have hopes of joining in on the fun someday.
Hi Jason and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello I am new member. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have a 2013 F150 Fx4 with the 6.2, I am slowly setting it up for Overlanding / Off-Road camping adventures. I live in Butte, MT. I am very new to all of this, but am working on simplifying my life.
Hi GmanF150 and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads1

Reactions: Gmanf150

jvalex

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Asheville, North Carolina
First Name
Jess
Last Name
A.
Hi - new member. Never been much of a forum person, but y’all have a great set up. Living in the mountains of western North Carolina - currently driving a ‘00 LX470 I’ve had for years. It has been my family car - (I have a 4 year old child and multiple dogs), as well as the handful of times it’s been off-roading and looots of camping trips.

Looking forward to selling it soon and finding a 4Runner next, I think.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi - new member. Never been much of a forum person, but y’all have a great set up. Living in the mountains of western North Carolina - currently driving a ‘00 LX470 I’ve had for years. It has been my family car - (I have a 4 year old child and multiple dogs), as well as the handful of times it’s been off-roading and looots of camping trips.

Looking forward to selling it soon and finding a 4Runner next, I think.
Welcome! Nice truck, the LX470s make for a nice platform. Of course, so do 4Runners. :)

XJackal

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Hi everyone excited as a new member and new to the idea of overlanding. Last summer my GF and I flew out west for 2 weeks. We rented a dodge durango as the second half of our trip would be driving through the rockies to jasper then south to banff and back. We camped along the way each night and hiked, jumped on some horses too. I grew up in a very rural area not seing the fun in camping this past trip has really changed my opinion.

Few years back I bought a 96 cherokee just for gravel roads and fishing. I also put a lift kit in around september last year but now am planning to outfit and explore more of ontario and tought I would share what I know about my area and learn about others.

Attachments

Bentpine

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone!

Beginner overlander but experienced camper here. Went to Moab last year with a group of Minnesota overlanders and had a good time. This idea is in line with my passion, which is canoe camping the BWCA region.

Vehicle: 2012 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Stock but looking to mke some modifications but still not totally sure what to do first
Experience: I’ve been canoe camping in the BWCA and other remote area many times, and am as comfortable outside in the woods as I am in my living room. I’ve never really overlander in a vehicle however, so this idea is new to me.