Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone!

Rig: 2012 JKU Sahara, Eaton E-locker rear, Gobi Rack, 3.5" lift
Experience: Drove cross country this year from East Tennessee through Colorado and Utah to San Diego. Hit up Ouray, Telluride, Moab, and areas through Southern California. Grew up offroading down south.

I'm hoping to get some information on meets and trails around me. Work keeps me busy, but I love to get out on the weekends!
Hi asdavis283 and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

hi, my name is Ivan.

1.- i front Venezuela, but live in Miami.
2.- 4Runner Trail 2016/ Icon Suspension / Tires BF 285/70/R17
3.- Experience : a lot trips in venezuela, in florida just know lazy springs park, the overland is the best way to make tourism with nature at hand, and it helps us to know each other more as friends and make new friends.

in venezuela:
View attachment 39275

4runner 2016 sr5
This 4runner has already sold it, had suspension icon, TRD PRO Wheel/ BF KO2 285/70/R17

in Lazy springs:

View attachment 39276
Hi Ivan and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Saar Ben-Attar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi there,

How do I publish a new post on the site?

Saar

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
hi, my name is Ivan.

1.- i front Venezuela, but live in Miami.
2.- 4Runner Trail 2016/ Icon Suspension / Tires BF 285/70/R17
3.- Experience : a lot trips in venezuela, in florida just know lazy springs park, the overland is the best way to make tourism with nature at hand, and it helps us to know each other more as friends and make new friends.

in venezuela:
View attachment 39275

4runner 2016 sr5
This 4runner has already sold it, had suspension icon, TRD PRO Wheel/ BF KO2 285/70/R17

in Lazy springs:

View attachment 39276
Welcome Ivan! Great choice in vehicles should bring you many happy trails!

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hi y'all -

Greetings from New Orleans! I'm a novice overlander, BUT experienced on my own two legs in the backcountry and living on the road out of my 2000 4Runner. I just got a 2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Offroad 4x4 because I felt the need to get further out there. No upgrades yet, but it easily handled the River Road in Big Bend this past week. Named her "Solis" after her first campsite. Looking forward to being part of this community and contributing any way that I can.

Cheers!
Alex

View attachment 39163
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Ramon Hidalgo here from Simi Valley California! Its great to be a part of Group that have same interest for the outdoors. My second year offroading/Overlanding and so far loving it.
In 2016 I joined Club Frontier and made it to the top of Bald Mountain and Sierra Buttes along with some local parks and trails in my area. In 2017, Traveled to Death Valley, Moab Utah (Gone Moab/Gone Overlanding) at Canyon National Park, Cayote Flats at Bishop Ca. Hoping to do more.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Jellyfish_045

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
Member #

Hey everyone, moved to Arizona form California a little over a year ago and fell in love with the landscape and outdoors. Recently got a 2011 Jeep Liberty 4x4. Novice overlander, but have been out a few times and loving every minute of it.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Cory B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cullman
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Britton
Member #

Hello everyone! I have been offroading since I could drive and overlanding before I knew it had a name. I was inspired by the camel trophy and Owned a 95 discovery for a short time. I am married and have 3 boys that love every minute we spend in the outdoors. We have an 03 z71 suburban for all our gear and has done great so far. Plans for building are in the works. It is all stock as of now but fairly capable for being so big. Thanks!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone! I have been offroading since I could drive and overlanding before I knew it had a name. I was inspired by the camel trophy and Owned a 95 discovery for a short time. I am married and have 3 boys that love every minute we spend in the outdoors. We have an 03 z71 suburban for all our gear and has done great so far. Plans for building are in the works. It is all stock as of now but fairly capable for being so big. Thanks!
Hi Cdonskey and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone, moved to Arizona form California a little over a year ago and fell in love with the landscape and outdoors. Recently got a 2011 Jeep Liberty 4x4. Novice overlander, but have been out a few times and loving every minute of it.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Gerald G.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Rig: 2017 taco sport 4x4 dcsb
Experience: zilch, nada, none

Hi all,
My name is Gerald, and this is my first rodeo. Moved out of the fast lane and sold my 2004 audi a4 so i could slow things down and start new adventures with my wife and 2yo son, exploring the great outdoor. This is all new to me, so pardon my noobish questions in advance. I’ll try to do my research in advance. :)

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 2017 taco sport 4x4 dcsb
Experience: zilch, nada, none

Hi all,
My name is Gerald, and this is my first rodeo. Moved out of the fast lane and sold my 2004 audi a4 so i could slow things down and start new adventures with my wife and 2yo son, exploring the great outdoor. This is all new to me, so pardon my noobish questions in advance. I’ll try to do my research in advance. :)
Hi Gerald and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Gerald G.

JoshT4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goose Bay (Labrador), NL
Member #

Hi everyone, very excited to start my journey here!

Rig: 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - completely stock for now
Experience: Novice

thanks! - Josh