Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TacomaDave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

New member hello here.

Location - northern West Virginia but hang out all over the Appalachian Mts.
Rig - 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Long Bed - yep, the rare one.
Overlanding Experience Background - not quite sure how to rank myself but probably moderate. I've driven some pretty knarly places. Former rigs were a 90 4WD Subaru Loyale, 95 Land Rover Disco and a 99 F150.

I have decades of experience backpacking, hiking, mt biking, fishing, skiing, canoeing, caving, etc. but want to use my vehicle a bit more on the base camp side of things so I'm looking at a RTT and setting up a camp kitchen so I can extend recent day outings into multi-day and not be at the mercy of the clock.
Welcome. I have a RTT and I love it. I doubt I'll ever go back to sleeping on the ground.

r1ckm1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Reno NV
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Hello everyone. We live in the Reno NV area. I'm working on a 2014 Chevy AWD Express 1500 LT Passenger van. Stripping out the interior to turn it into a expedition vehicle. The lift kit gets installed this weekend with 32" tires added next week. I'll post pictures once some of the work gets done. For now it looks like I'm picking people up at the airport. We like to backpack and mountain climb. We've 4 wheeled around but I wouldn't call us experts.

LX Caetano

Rank 0

Traveler I

Pickering, ON, Canada
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Caetano
Hi Everyone, I am exciting to explore this forum and meet some like minded people! Although I am new to the overlanding scene, I enjoy going on adventures, love camping and you will often find me hitting the mountain bike trails north of Durham Region.

Located in Pickering, Ontario and drive an 07 FJ Cruiser.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone. We live in the Reno NV area. I'm working on a 2014 Chevy AWD Express 1500 LT Passenger van. Stripping out the interior to turn it into a expedition vehicle. The lift kit gets installed this weekend with 32" tires added next week. I'll post pictures once some of the work gets done. For now it looks like I'm picking people up at the airport. We like to backpack and mountain climb. We've 4 wheeled around but I wouldn't call us experts.
Welcome Rick. Did I meet you at the Reno meeting the other week [emoji41] ? If you have any questions about the Reno meets and runs, please reach out to me.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

New member hello here.

Location - northern West Virginia but hang out all over the Appalachian Mts.
Rig - 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Long Bed - yep, the rare one.
Overlanding Experience Background - not quite sure how to rank myself but probably moderate. I've driven some pretty knarly places. Former rigs were a 90 4WD Subaru Loyale, 95 Land Rover Disco and a 99 F150.

I have decades of experience backpacking, hiking, mt biking, fishing, skiing, canoeing, caving, etc. but want to use my vehicle a bit more on the base camp side of things so I'm looking at a RTT and setting up a camp kitchen so I can extend recent day outings into multi-day and not be at the mercy of the clock.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Planning a trip, tell us about it. Have questions? Many here to help!
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: vdeal

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Howdy!! Had my truck for a few years but just found this forum.

1) View attachment 90417

2) Suburbs of Chicago, but you're just as likely to see me down south, up in WIsconsin or out in the Rocky Mtns.

3) 2015 Ram Sport 1500 with some A/T tires

4) Novice to Intermediate Overlander but Expert outdoorsman
View attachment 90418

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: CaptFinny

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: r1ckm1

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello all new here names Chris and I love the outdoors and I fish and camp and also do some off roading but novice to overlanding, hope to learn some things here.

Rig: 2018 Silverado CC Z71
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

View attachment 90489

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Overland Bound Regions!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Thanks for that, @Hank Outdoors. When first learning about overlanding, the overwhelming theme seemed to be (paraphrasing), "Overlanding is off-road (but not necessarily hardcore); everything else is just car-camping." I'm going into this with an overlander's mindset, just with being restricted to the road, and hope to acquire gear that will transplant from my VW to a future rig.

Thanks, @Cendee! When I first started to dream-up ideas for this pursuit, I thought I'd camp alone in a small cargo trailer conversion. My wife is a home-body and I didn't think she'd be interested. But she has surprised me and wants to take part in this adventure. We're going to start with a road trip to southern Maine next weekend. We'll do the hotel thing for this trip because it'll be fast-paced, distant, and time-limited. The main goal on this trip is to simply knock out some miles confined to the car to see how we do. It's been 10+ years since the last time we took a big trip. Military transfers and visits home, thanks to generous military leave allowances, were great for thrusting us onto the road every year. Now we'll try some weekend trips to see how we like it.
Good luck @SFarrell! My wife and I did that last year, from the DC area. Drove up to Maine, then west all the way to Niagara Falls, then back home. We hit hotels/motels and had a blast!!

Reactions: SFarrell

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

My name is Patrick "Razorwalker" Lynch. I'm currently living in Franklin, NC. I am 44 years old and have been overlanding on and off my entire life. I grew up traveling across our great nation in the back of a converted school bus, then later in life, I had two different Mitsubishi Montero's that I traveled in. Currently, I am about to lose my job and house (sorta a good thing :) ), and am in the process of liquidating most of my possessions and getting back on the road doing what I love. I'm currently trying to pick up this van (pics attached), 2002 Dodge Ram 3500. Started life out as a Verizon Tower Repair truck. Has a battery bank, solar panels on the roof, 240 AMP alternator, 5500 Watt Omen Generator, 13,500 BTU Dometic AC, LED lights all around, and tons of new parts on it. Batteries can be charged from Gen, Solar or Alternator, so I'll have plenty of power. I plan on taking out all the metal shelving, and adding in a Dometic frig, bed, sink, outdoor shower, ARB awning, and a bunch more. I'll be on a very limited budget starting out, which is why I chose this van. Usually, the most expensive conversion to any vehicle besides mechanical (engine, drivetrain, etc) is the power. Thankfully, this van has all that already built in. Eventually, I'll add a 2 or 3 inch lift and add a 4x4 conversion to it as well. Would love to hear from others that have vans on how it's working out for you and any tips or ideas before I start building it out. Thanks and happy to be here :) View attachment 90396View attachment 90397View attachment 90398View attachment 90399View attachment 90400View attachment 90401View attachment 90402View attachment 90403View attachment 90404View attachment 90405View attachment 90406View attachment 90407
Welcome to Overland Bound, it will be interesting to see what you do with this beast.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel. I recently quit my job, put my house on the market and bought a Patriot Campers X1. For the past ten years ish I have been working hard and living in the Low Country of South Carolina and am now relocating to northern Idaho. Over the next month or so I will be taking the back roads across the country while I wait for the snow to melt on my property at my final destination.

My Rig: Is a 2018 Ram 3500, 6.7L Cummins stock with 35" BFG KO2 DT, towing a Patriot Campers X1GT. AEV front bumper with winch to come.

My Location: In a few months will be Bonner County Idaho.

My Experience: I would call intermediate. For the past ten years there has not been much adventure in my life and prior to that I don't think Overlanding was a term used much in the US but I have done a weeks long trip to Baja (before passports were required) and explored many areas in Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and others. I can't wait to start again a little older and a little wiser. Well, I'm defiantly older.

Please feel free to reach out and I will look forward to seeing you all on the trail.

Daniel
Here is a meet-up in Northern ID.
The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs during the summer. If your interested here is the forum link.Inland Northwest Conference Call - 06/17/2018

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi Everyone, I am exciting to explore this forum and meet some like minded people! Although I am new to the overlanding scene, I enjoy going on adventures, love camping and you will often find me hitting the mountain bike trails north of Durham Region.

Located in Pickering, Ontario and drive an 07 FJ Cruiser.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
www.overlandbound.com

You are in the Canada Central Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
North America
www.overlandbound.com

Overland Bound Regions!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
www.overlandbound.com

North America
www.overlandbound.com

Overland Bound Regions!
Thanks for the welcome! I will check it out

Reactions: r1ckm1