Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Paso Robles,

I've always loved going camping alone or with friends but now that I have a family over landing seems like the next logical step. My vehicle is a 2004 Tacoma 4dr 4x4, its pretty stock right now but hope to change that soon. My experience comes from the U.S. Army. I was/am a light wheel vehicle mechanic for about 20yrs now I have attended many and even taught some recovery courses. Sorry for the lack of pictures I will get some up soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
The will be a meet-up in SLO in February, a Rally Point will be posted and you should get an invite by forum message.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

jcwrench

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello All! I am jcwrench.

1) I'm in Farmington, NM
2) My rig is my avatar, 2012 Ram Power Wagon
3) My primary off-roading experiences are: getting cars stuck and unstuck from a beach, getting a 2006 Jeep Liberty stuck, and driving on various dirt roads. (read little to no experience)

I'm new at overlanding and want to meet folks with similar passions that are willing to teach me about it. I've had a fascination with off-road driving and been wanting to do it for some time. With all motorized hobbies (really in to cafe racers and my Harley), I know costs can add up quickly. I'm looking to learn some skills that will save my hide and my wallet.

My wife and I want to meet folks to hang out and go on trails with. We're fairly new to the Four Corners area and want to explore it. It's a beautiful, desolate part of the country.

Thanks for having me aboard! Hope to meet some more of y'all. Before I go, his a pic of Moby the TrailWhale on trip from Ponchas Springs, CO. I love this truck! only thing that stops it is his thirst. IMG_0052.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ricky
Central Texas
2017 Ford F150
Experience: Novice

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: Regnar513

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All! I am jcwrench.

1) I'm in Farmington, NM
2) My rig is my avatar, 2012 Ram Power Wagon
3) My primary off-roading experiences are: getting cars stuck and unstuck from a beach, getting a 2006 Jeep Liberty stuck, and driving on various dirt roads. (read little to no experience)

I'm new at overlanding and want to meet folks with similar passions that are willing to teach me about it. I've had a fascination with off-road driving and been wanting to do it for some time. With all motorized hobbies (really in to cafe racers and my Harley), I know costs can add up quickly. I'm looking to learn some skills that will save my hide and my wallet.

My wife and I want to meet folks to hang out and go on trails with. We're fairly new to the Four Corners area and want to explore it. It's a beautiful, desolate part of the country.

Thanks for having me aboard! Hope to meet some more of y'all. Before I go, his a pic of Moby the TrailWhale on trip from Ponchas Springs, CO. I love this truck! only thing that stops it is his thirst. View attachment 80168

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! New member from NE Oklahoma! Glad to be part of this community. I drive a 2014 JKU Rubicon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone
Barrie Ontario Canada
2011 wrangler
Pretty experienced. I have a military background that comes in handy.
Currently building up for some larger excursions. Would love to do Death Valley and some trips through Alaska.
I'll be picking everyones brains and scouring the forums as I build.
Looking forward to being apart of the community.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.
@Winterpeg

swatmonkey

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hi all!
Thank you for the add. Even though I have been camping most of my life, I am new to the overland world. Looking to turn my 2008 Suburban into a capable overland rig. Planning to get my Burb ready by summer 2019 and start overlanding with my wife, 12 and 5 year old daughters and our dog. I am looking for assistance in setting my Burb up and planning destinations. anyone with Suburbans out there?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!
Thank you for the add. Even though I have been camping most of my life, I am new to the overland world. Looking to turn my 2008 Suburban into a capable overland rig. Planning to get my Burb ready by summer 2019 and start overlanding with my wife, 12 and 5 year old daughters and our dog. I am looking for assistance in setting my Burb up and planning destinations. anyone with Suburbans out there?

FYI there are a couple of pages for Suburban builds, you might get some inspiration.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
Hello!

Rig: 2013 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD
Experience: Novice - joined to learn, meet new people and have fun!

Check your messages - we are near each other and there are a couple others close by......

Hey! Nature lover from Sweden here with a passion for cars and fishing. I try to get out as much as possible and bring my family along.

I drive a 2011 Volvo XC70 with 30mm lift in the front and 40mm in the rear. Fitted with 255/60R17 Continental CrossContact ATR tires.

9F4DC614-3BCA-4231-AC02-8F9C156E29BA.jpeg

Reactions: ZRex and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! Nature lover from Sweden here with a passion for cars and fishing. I try to get out as much as possible and bring my family along.

I drive a 2011 Volvo XC70 with 30mm lift in the front and 40mm in the rear. Fitted with 255/60R17 Continental CrossContact ATR tires.

View attachment 80244

@Tom K Might be able to help.

Reactions: Äventyrsfarsan

Ruben Moya

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Germany
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Moya
Member #

Whats up Overland fam!
I am currently living in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
I have done many camping and offroading trips but plan to do overland all over Europe starting early January.
I have a 2017 TRD Tacoma Off-road Access Cab with Icon suspension, leaf springs, hydraulic rear bump stop, All-Pro rock sliders, CBI rear high clearance bumper, Wilco VT tiregate and of course some rigid lights in the front. Currently have the Leitner Design Bed Rack sitting in my living room waiting for me to install once I brave the cold. Hopefully I will get that done soon so that I can enjoy the German Outdoors.

Attachments

SWC11

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello there guys and gals. I'm Mike from SW Ohio. Currently driving a 2018 F-150 Screw FX4 short bed. Looking to start an overland build. Trying to get an idea of the best midheight bed rack/rtt combination. I like the RCI bed rack look but wonder if it'll support a three person Tepui tent? I'll lurk around for some ideas. Thanks for such a great tool to help