Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Detroit, MI
Member #

View attachment 56588 Hi all,
I’m Doug from NE Indiana (Angola).
Rig: 2016 JKU
Experience: Somewhere in the middle. I’ve been an avid camper for most of my life, love being outdoors and have long been an off-road enthusiast. For the past few years I’ve been condensing those passions into something the whole family can enjoy...it turns out that what we’ve been enjoying has a name...overlanding. Who knew?
Fellow midwesterner, rock and roll!

NmaFJ91

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Alex
Member #

Hey, Im Nik.

Rig: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, stock for now I just picked it up about a week ago. This is my first rig so I look forward to start modifying it.
Overlanding Experience Background: I am new to overlanding. I have always loved cars and trucks and I really enjoy being outside and exploring, so I am excited to combine those two things.

I am looking forward to be apart of this community and learn from everyone here.

FJ.jpg

Traveler I

Hello everyone, I go by Myron since very few can actually pronounce my real name (Miroslav), I drive a 2013 Avalanche. I live near Cleveland Ohio, so if you need some assistance you can always get a hold of me. I used to camp a lot but after getting older and getting a few knee surgeries I prefer to travel in my truck. I have very little experience, novice, having 2 kids my life is very busy, hoping that I can take them along and they enjoy the experiance. Looking forward to meet cool people and maybe get my truck a little dirty. (Don’t make fun of my mudflaps and step side, I live in the city lol!!)

Attachments

Reactions: Boone and Aussie571

JDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

To all members,

Thank you for the welcome to the Overland Bound community!

Here to introduce myself, so you can get a feel.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!

2) Location: Porto, Portugal

3) Rig: 1992 Land Rover Discovery Tdi (+ moto trailer & two wheeled rigs...)

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Lifelong nature lover & adventurer. Grew up inspired by Paris Dakar + Camel Trophy. Novice in the 4x4 game. Experience mostly on two wheels.

Glad to be here! Looking forward to connecting with cool people and sharing some adventures!

All the best!
JDavid

Docsnavely

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pierce County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Snavely
Member #

Hello from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Just joined after watching tons of videos and dreaming for when I am finally done with school and can get out there and start really hitting the trails.

I've got a 2015 LE 4Runner that I love, but is honestly more of a highway creature. I started making big plans for it, but realized that everything I want to do would be easier if I found something without XREAS and didn't have so much flair on the outside (I'm not a big fan of chrome... that was the Mrs' decision). Instead I plan on trading it in for a TRDP once I'm done with school so it can be my main hobby.

I'd say I'm an overlanding novice since I've only had limited time to spend with my 4Runner on trails and camping. There's nothing better than getting out and spending a nice long road trip and hitting up random BLM or Forestry campgrounds. Next step is to get a RTT so I can sleep comfortably and not spend 2 hours setting up and breaking down!

Look forward to spending more time here as I gain back some freedom! :)IMG_8235.jpg

NDV2187

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

West Texas Desert
Member #

Greetings ALL!

~ Benjamin here, x2 retired civ/mil and in a wheelchair. -

Vehicle: 2018 TACO 4x4 Sport
Experience: Starting out Novice

~ My (Main Land Experience) has been while I was in the military, as a 11B (Infantryman), where I carried my home on my back and my main transport at that time was my feet.

~ So, fast forward to several days ago . . .

~ I took the first - "roll" - to becoming (even more) independent (if thats even possible) and started my unique journey into - "overlanding"

~ This journey started because of the - G-SHOCK RANGEMAN GPR-B1000-1BJR - which I was determined to get, as a symbol of my - "independent, survivor, drive and nature" - to overcome any and all obstacles" - that I have faced - "past, present and future".

~ it then cultivated into searching for another piece of the puzzle to be fitted perfectly with another piece . . .

~ Then the 2018 TACO 4x4 Sport came along, which promptly decided my destiny and I bought it (STOCK) for now.

~ I then followed through with (proper and level-headed) research, into upgrading it, to live out of it (just in case) the need ever presented itself.

~ It lead me to this - "milestone" - which was - "calling me" - to do it, so I did it and here I am hoping to - "learn, grow, get advice" - and more importantly - "DO IT RIGHT and GET OUT THERE!"

~ I hope that this first - "roll" - will lead me to better things, lead me to continuously explore and follow more adventurous paths unseen.

~ Just because I'm in this wheelchair, doesn't mean, I don't like taking chances or doing anything adventurous . . .
~ It's just that I hadn't had the - "pieces all fit properly" - as they do now . . .

~ Life's too short, so I'm going to take advantage of it, while I still have the chance to do so and not have any regrets.

~ I don't know what lays ahead.... but it awaits me, my wheelchair and my TACO....

Last edited:

Bolverkr the Nomad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stafford, VA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Edmunds
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Fairbanks, AK
05 Tacoma TRD Offroad long bed 6 Speed
I have been camping and traveling the nation since I was born but I am new to calling myself an overlander. My job has me being out and away from civilization a lot in a very close form to Overlanding so I place myself as an intermediate experience. lots of experience backpacking.

Luis Herrera

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Herrera
Member #

Hola!!!

A few things about me...

I am in south Phoenix, AZ.

Like Matt before me, I also have a 4th generation Toyota 4Runner, mostly stock with exception of new shocks and roof rack, but I am excited to make more modification. I attended Overland Expo in Flagstaff this last weekend and have a lot of ideas.

My Overlanding Experience Background is very Novice, I explored AZ, NM and CO a bit but nothing like overlanding.

20180521_070153.jpg

Last edited:

Cooter

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello
long time since I’ve been on a forum
Seasoned explorer from BC Canada

I am in the middle of building my next rig 01 sport trac
My kids are all grown and now I have more free time and want to get out more then in the past
Gonna be a fast build as we are already into the nice weather
Always looking for people to get out with, never did like going alone more people makes for fun and conversations at the camp fire

Justin D.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waddell, AZ
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hello everyone! I also just joined the OB Community after becoming a member at Overland Expo West this past weekend.
I am in Arizona and am currently college student, so I am limited on funds, but I do what I can in my 2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 (2wd sadly). Looking forward to graduating and investing in a 4th or 5th generation 4Runner or a 80/100 series Land Cruiser to build up into a dedicated overlanding rig!

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 11.21.36 AM.png

rooftentoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Munich, Germany
Member #

Hi everybody, we are Thomas and Agata from Munich, Germany (Oktoberfest, FC Bayern...)
We are on a 2007 BMW 320d, upgrading to a Toyota Land Cruiser 150 Prado soon.
We have been on the roads a bit, no offroading yet, but that will hopefully change soon with the LC.
So here we are, updated to a LC150, J15 last week. Offroad here we come :)))
IMG_20180521_110025_258.jpg

CWOPinger

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Milton, FL
Member #

Long time lurker here. I finally decided to pull the trigger, get my member number and start posting. I’m currently living in the overlanding mecca of the western Florida panhandle where you can’t drive on the beaches and dirt roads are very few and far between. I’m about 3 years out from retirement and I’ve always told the wife I was driving to Alaska when I retire so I’m starting to make the plans.

I have always enjoyed backpacking and bikepacking until my knees started protesting. I’ll take the overlanding approach now and drive in to the adventures. Short hikes or bike rides are still doable and enjoyable without all the weight so I’ll use my rig to do the heavy hauling and get me close and will venture out from there if needed.

I have a pretty good bit of off-road experience from my military time and past Jeeps or trucks but no real overlanding experience.

My current truck is a 1994 Chevy extended cab 2-wheel drive. It’s been a faithful companion but will be getting replaced soon. I plan on buying a Tacoma this year and will be getting it set up over the next few years. Truck pics and the obligatory build thread coming soon. LOL

Recon4X4

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Welcome, Michael!
The XJ is an awesome platform, I've witnessed these things take on some ugly terrain with very little mods. Looking forward to seeing more of yours.
I.m having trouble with my map. I entered my code and it said that it was already used. All I get is the red event tabs. My membership # 12354. What am I doing wrong?

Traveler I

Howdy Everyone!

Name: Chase "Chaser"
Rig: 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L (Project Build)
Experience: Just a bit above rookie ;) Tons of camping and off roading with my old man when it was called "Hitting the Woods"
Why am I here: Starting a project build and hope you guys and gals can help out with wonderful "Tribal" knowledge on building an enjoyable rig for me and the family to have adventures on.

Can't wait to chat with you all (y'all)!

Mojave MAX

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Azusa, California
Member #

Hello Everyone,

Name: Cindy Groth
Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK (built with 3.5" lift, lockers, etc)
Experience: Serious off-roading for 3 years including Rubicon with Jeepers Jamboree. Attend Jeep Jamboree and other events.
Why I am here: Recently purchased a Smitybilt Recon trailer and want to get out on some overnight adventures where the truck & camper stays home. Have all the essentials for trailer (Eaton refrigerator, solar panel w/converter, camp stove, tent with annex).

Attachments

Boy Scout

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Louisvlle, KY
Member #

340EC941-D104-48A1-9741-3F5784321F96.jpeg Hello, my name is Stephen and I am wanting to expand my off-road explorations. I have spent the last year and a half researching mods for my rig and slowly adding the ones I think will perform well and are of sufficient quality to last. The roof rack was just added and I have ordered a trailer that will be here shortly. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and learning from each other.

Baja of the Dakotas

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sioux Falls
Member #

Hello, my name is Kyle. I have always been wanting to explore off-road and go overland camp somewhere. Not just a small trip, but something off the beaten path. Need to explore. I love the outdoors.
My rig is 2003 Subaru Baja.
Experience overland: beginner
Mods: Lights, Roof Rack, Hitch, Lift, Bigger tires, and many more to come

Attachments