• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone! OB#7464 here.

My name is David @salt_city_overland and I am located in Salt Lake City, UT.

I have a 2017 DCLB TRD Off-Road 4x4
VTX Wheels
Freespirit Roof Tent
RCI Bed Rack

My wife and I have been overlanding for a little more than a year now, and are only looking for more. Glad to be a part of this community!

Cheers!

Hi David and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig and RTT! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone! Just joined today. I'm in Carmel, IN, pretty new to the whole overlanding idea but can't get it out of my mind. Getting ready to start building my 2006 Jeep Commander up. It's been my daily driver for years and is now my project car. Looking forward to going on some adventures and meeting some new people with the same drive and passion for just getting out there.
Hey Wiggle and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Everyone,

The name is Jacob, I am from the Detroit area.
I am still pretty new to overlanding. I've used the current set up for camping a few times.

2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Method Race Wheels. BFG A/T tires. Voodoo Bed Rack. Smittybuilt RTT.

Hey Jacob and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig and RTT! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys, Peter here from Mount Vernon, WA. I recently got me a 2003 LX470, pretty much stock but with decent tires. I will be building it soon with upgraded suspension, front - and rear bumper, sliders, roof rack etc., the whole 10 yards. It will keep me busy for a while. Hope to see you soon on the trail!
Hey Peter and welcome to OB! Nice looking LX! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Roger and Rebecca from Idaho Falls, Idaho. Moved here recently from San Antonio, Texas and so glad we did! There is so much to explore in this part of the US, we are rarely at home on summer and fall weekends. We currently camp out of a 2001 4Runner and enjoy following back roads to remote campsites. We are currently working on two 1st gen runners for future fun. So excited to get to know and learn from this community!
Hello R & R and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi my name is Mark, on behalf of my wife Nicole and I, we wish to thank Michael and Corie for creating this wonderful website. As new members we look forward to meeting new, like minded Overlander’s.

Nicole and I have been overlanding for 4 years now and have traveled mostly in Alberta Canada our home, Montana, Utah and Arizona. We are also avid supporters of Tread Lightly and always leave the trail better off than we found it. Gizmo our 2013 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon is in his 4th stage of development and has been a perfect choice for our Overland Rig.

This picture is of Nicole and Gizmo in Sedona. Gizmo was in his 3rd sage of development, many many changes since then.

Again Michel & Corie thanks for creating and sharing this wonderful tool….Mark

View attachment 34082
Hello Mark and Nicole and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

this where is say hey to all of you... as i said in my "profile" i'm a total newbie and just to overlanding. aside from an 84 ramcharger i owned years ago when i was still in the corp, my truck is the 1st 4x4 i've owned that w/ the intent to go offroad...

so i'm here to ask questions, pick brains & learn...
Hello Hand541 and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Ride: 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk "Artie McFartie" is his name (we're silly)
Experience: We're new to land adventuring but being experience ocean-going sailors we've got all the systems, medical and survival stuff down pretty good. Still have a long way to kitting out the Renegade, looking to add a roof-top-tent to make it easier to get out of the town on the weekends.
Hi and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Everyone from San Diego
Ride 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited
I've always had an off-road Vehicle. When I was in the Military I was a Tank Mechanic and loved making new Roads with my M88. My new Ride isn't nearly as capable but its definitely a lot of fun. So far I've lifted my truck with a Daystar Suspension Lift, Ditched the 20inch stock rims for some SR5 ones and wrapped them in BFG KM2, I've put on a Front Runner slimline 2 rack with the High lift Mount, 2.5Meter Awning, and a Tepui Autana XL. Next few mods will be lighting, gobi ladder, and Comm gear! Looking forward to rolling out with a few of you!
My Friends all call me Uncle Joe
Hi Uncle Joe and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member currently in Everett WA.

At this point I DD/Overland in a 2004 Toyota Tacoma DC, and a home built Teardrop trailer.
The Tacoma is in the process of getting some upgrades, thanks to an incident where I got rear ended in traffic. It is going to end up with a flat bed, with some storage underneath. In that storage there will be a 12 gallon water tank, with an RV demand pump, an air compressor, and an auxiliary battery. The rest of the space will hold my Hi-lift, shovel, axe, and a planned set of Maxtrax.
The front is getting an ARB, and a Warn M8000. The Interior front is getting a pair of Corbeau Sport seats.

The trailer started as a Harbor Freight frame, and has had the current form of the trailer on it for the last 7 plus years, and recently, this spring, I put a 3500lb axel underneath it, with a lug pattern to match the Tacoma.

I know you are going to want more pics of the teardrop, and well, I don’t really have many, I will try to get some when the Tacoma is back together, and add a few of the Tacoma after finishing,this stage, as well.

Sent from the device I am using, from the spot I am at.
Hey Hags and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig and trailer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

Cesar here.
Current Vehicle: 2011 4Runner Trail
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Outdoor type of person and enjoy camping and exploring new places. After the Army I moved back home to the great Nevada dessert. Now that I have free weekends I try to get out and explore.
Hi Cesar and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Cmel06

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Matt from Midland, TX.
2015 Ford F-150 OffRoad
The Big Bend Region of Texas is my playground. In more recent years we have been adventuring in Colorado, New Mexico, Southern Utah, and Arizona. I am looking to get out more often and learn to be more prepared, especially for medical emergencies.
View attachment 34208
Hey Matt and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello from central Texas! My wife and I permanently "overland" in our travel trailer. I daily drive my rig, a 2014 Ram 2500 Cummin CCLB. Currently stock, but soon to change. Minimal experience overloading, but a lifetime backpacker and camper. Hope to hear from and meet many of you soon!View attachment 34238
Hey Goose and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Goose_W

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello all! My name is Sam and I am a new resident of Orange County, CA. I love to explore and also have a passion for cars so overlanding was meant to be. I am a newbie so any socal overlanders willing to show me the ropes on some weekend runs let me know!

I drive a 04 GX470.
-FN wheels (TRD style)
-285/70/17 Terra Grapplers
-3" Bilstein /OME lift.

Iron man Bumper, winch and a few small things are in the garage waiting to be installed. Spending

View attachment 34255 View attachment 34256
Hi Sam and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 34266 Hey all, I've been a lurker for quite a while. Watched loads of OB videos before the launch of the forums/website.
Finally had my wallet in my pocket at the same time I was on OB and so here I am.

I'm an outdoorsman, worked for several years as a wilderness guide for a wilderness therapy company.
My first car was a 82 Jeep Scrambler, ever since then I have always owned 4wheel drive vehicles.
So overlanding and adventuring has been a part of me for a little while now. I guess I just didn't know it.
I'm so glad to see it growing in the US.

Currently driving a 05' 2500 Ram. It's on 37' MTZ p3's with a 4" fabtech lift with a long arm kit.
It's a great rig, but been considering migrating back over to the jeep world.

Anyway, I could ramble on and on, but I won't. Thanks for having me, look forward to meeting up with some of you soon.
Hey and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!