Member Introductions *New Members Start Here*

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

kg6zjl

Rank IV

Advocate II

Hello OB!

My name is Steve (KG6ZJL) and I live in Concord, CA. I believe I met a few of the SF Bay members about a decade ago at a Dublin/Pleasanton meetup when I owned my last 4Runner. Times have changed and I am now back in the drivers seat of a '16 4Runner Trail. While I never stopped exploring, I am extremely excited to have an offroad-ready vehicle again. Co-piloting is my wife Brooke, and bringing up the rear is our 11mo son Wyatt. Our family loves the outdoors and can't wait for our next adventure!

Experience: Advanced

Previous rig - 1988 4Runner - SOLD:
- Bored and Cam'd 22RE
- SAS'd on 35" BFG KM's
- Dual Cases with Twin Stick
- BentUp Bumper and Sliders

New rig - 2016 4Runner Trail:
- BFG KO2's (275/70r17)
- Gobi Stealth Rack Arriving Soon
- 40" CaliRaised LED Bar for the Gobi
- 2m/440 and CB Radios

IMG_20170214_075940_987.jpg

Chris W

Rank II

Member II

Simsbury, CT
Member #

Name: Chris
Rig: 2014 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5
Experience: Overlanding Newb with plenty of backpacking and mountain rescue experience. Looking forward to building my rig and getting out on the trails.

Jon R

Rank I

Member I

Simi Valley CA
Member #

Name: Jon
Rig: 2017 4Runner SR5
Overlanding Experience: Novice.

I have a good amount of local off roading experience. Looking forward to milti day overlanding trips to better explore our amazing lands!

Reactions: justin marsh

reno464

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

20170420_170312.jpg Hello OB World, I just bought my rig this morning but, I have been following the site for awhile. I'm here in the Sacramento area and the spousal unit I are so happy to find a community like OB. We are also very happy now to get out of the Suburn family vehicle and into a dedicated rig. Hope to meet up with you all in the future.

Teh_Viking

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

Name: Jon
Rig: 2017 4Runner SR5
Overlanding Experience: Novice.

I have a good amount of local off roading experience. Looking forward to milti day overlanding trips to better explore our amazing lands!
Welcome , theres a meet every 3rd Saturday at the Hat in Simi

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

300WMTUCK

Rank I

Traveler I

Roseville
Member #

View attachment 21746 Hello OB World, I just bought my rig this morning but, I have been following the site for awhile. I'm here in the Sacramento area and the spousal unit I are so happy to find a community like OB. We are also very happy now to get out of the Suburn family vehicle and into a dedicated rig. Hope to meet up with you all in the future.
Welcome! Congrats on the new vehicle! Great choice! What do you have planned for it?

reno464

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

Welcome! Congrats on the new vehicle! Great choice! What do you have planned for it?
I'm going to put new tires on tomorrow, then slowly grab parts like rear bumper setup, rack, winch, and rear drawer system home build. Can't wait to start the transformation.

reno464

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

Welcome! I grew up with an 86 Suburban. Love seeing them on the road.
I was going to keep transforming the sub into expo rig until I found out a 2002 1500 sub drive train would need lots of uprades. Being the family vehicle I couldn't risk it. Still love the thing though and it will still go camping when we are needing a giant wagon.

Caliber1

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Los Alamitos CA
Member #

Me and my 1990 F350 are ready for the bumpy ride ahead. I have been exploring the local mountains and deserts on my own for a while and look forward to the support and fun of the OB family.