Member Introductions *New Members Start Here*

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
Hello everyone.
New member from Castaic CA.
I am brand new to overland, though I have a lot of camping and backpacking experience from boy scouts. I stumbled across overlanding on YouTube and been learning as much as I can the last few months.
As of now I have a 05 F150 2wd, hopefully will be getting a new 4x4 F150 soon to build out a cool rig.

Me and my fiancee are jumping right in, have a bit of a road trip with a bit of offroading planned for next month around big Sur.

vonfogel

Rank I

Member I

Howdy everyone,

I'm a new member from Burbank, CA! Here's my rig:

Something a little different. It's a 2000 Toyota 4Runner that I've modified to have a post-apocalyptic Mad Max aesthetic! The rust is all fake, and I only put the props on the roof rack for photo shoots and local events like Wasteland Weekend.
Here's a shot of it actually off-road on an adventure:

So far other than the aesthetic mods and tires, it's a stock rig. Hoping to change that soon with a suspension upgrade (more for performance/comfort than major lift) and some armor.

I purchased this car a little over a year ago and immediately fell in love with it. All of my previous vehicles had been hand-me-downs from family members, and this was the first one that I actually chose myself. I've never been much of a "car guy" but suddenly I found myself interested in learning how to maintain the car myself, and to explore what it could do off-road. I've always been a big fan of exploring the outdoors and suddenly I had a vehicle that enabled me to access some amazing locations! So, over the last year I've gone on maybe a dozen adventures (simple day trips to 3-day camping expeditions), learned a ton about my vehicle, and discovered the fantastic and welcoming community of Overlanders!

If you want to follow my adventures, follow me on Instagram @baronvonfogel, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

SwanSmash

Rank I

Traveler I

Evans, GA
Member #

justin marsh

Rank V

Advocate III

Miriam Vale QLD Australia
Member #

Hello everyone.
New member from Castaic CA.
I am brand new to overland, though I have a lot of camping and backpacking experience from boy scouts. I stumbled across overlanding on YouTube and been learning as much as I can the last few months.
As of now I have a 05 F150 2wd, hopefully will be getting a new 4x4 F150 soon to build out a cool rig.

Me and my fiancee are jumping right in, have a bit of a road trip with a bit of offroading planned for next month around big Sur.
welcome to OB

justin marsh

Rank V

Advocate III

Member #

justin marsh

Rank V

Advocate III

Member #

Howdy everyone,

I'm a new member from Burbank, CA! Here's my rig:

Something a little different. It's a 2000 Toyota 4Runner that I've modified to have a post-apocalyptic Mad Max aesthetic! The rust is all fake, and I only put the props on the roof rack for photo shoots and local events like Wasteland Weekend.
Here's a shot of it actually off-road on an adventure:

So far other than the aesthetic mods and tires, it's a stock rig. Hoping to change that soon with a suspension upgrade (more for performance/comfort than major lift) and some armor.

I purchased this car a little over a year ago and immediately fell in love with it. All of my previous vehicles had been hand-me-downs from family members, and this was the first one that I actually chose myself. I've never been much of a "car guy" but suddenly I found myself interested in learning how to maintain the car myself, and to explore what it could do off-road. I've always been a big fan of exploring the outdoors and suddenly I had a vehicle that enabled me to access some amazing locations! So, over the last year I've gone on maybe a dozen adventures (simple day trips to 3-day camping expeditions), learned a ton about my vehicle, and discovered the fantastic and welcoming community of Overlanders!

If you want to follow my adventures, follow me on Instagram @baronvonfogel, and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!
welcome to OB

Traveler I

US
Hi all.

New to the forum. Been watching and lurking for a while.

Rigs: 2005 Jeep Wrangler. 4" Currie lift, Ford 8.8 rear end with ARB locker, Dana 30 front with ARB locker, Genright Crawler EXT fuel tank, inside tub rhinolined, CB but fixing to swap comms to 50 watt HAM, Warn M8000S, 35" Firestone MTs.

Wife's rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Sahara. 2.5" RC suspension. 35" KM2s, going to 50 watt HAM as well, Smittybilt bumpers front and rear, Smittybilt 9500 winch

Experience: Over 10 years of off-road, rock crawling and trail experience. We have been hiking/ backcountry camping for over 20 years.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends and taking some great overlanding trips.
Where do you go? I'm only an hour from you.

Traveler I

US
Checking in! New member from S Texas just outside the East side of San Antonio.
Loved Jeeps for awhile but always had trucks being raised around farming and such. Picked up my '89 Jeep YJ about 4 years ago, and even tho it had the gutless 2.5L engine I loved it. Over the last year I have started modifying her. She now has a V6 drivetrain out of an '89 S10 (engine auto tranny and transfer case) added 2.5" leafs and 5/8 shackles. Just added newish wheels and tires from a 2016 Rubicon:

Since putting the automatic transmission in my wife has loved it! Loved it so much it gave her a case of Jeep fever. So after much thinking and praying and looking at our life and what our goals are for raising our two little girls we went out and bought her a 2010 JKUR with only 67k on the clock.

She does have a little lift but not sure of brand or even how much of a lift. Gonna figure it out just have not had time to really look at it.
Our goal with the new jeep is to explore south Texas and beyond. We moved down 3 years ago and have not explored near enough (shame on us) so we are going to correct that short coming.
In the process of rigging up the rubi now, we have installed new bumpers front and rear. The rear has a better tire carrier (time will tell how well it holds up). I have a new 10k winch sitting in the garage to put on it as soon as my wife brings it back from N Texas.

Next is finding which roof rack we want to go with (I'm leaning toward the Gobi) and RTT we want (no idea, I've seen a lot of people say a lot of different things about RTT's so I have no idea)
I am hoping to glean a lot of knowledge from the community and hopefully help where I can.
Oh idk if we can but here is the link to my instagram account for my old jeep.
http://instagram.com/amscogarage
We are going to make a new one for the new jeep and our adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a pretty good place, I believe 1200 acres or so, North of San Antonio up 281 about an hour. I can't remember what it's called but I found it on Craigslist years ago when I lived there.