Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Hey my name is Shawn, I drive a 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab Long WB. It is built out with a snugtop shell, tepui RTT, Front Runner Roof Racks front and Rear, trail gear lights and nitto terra grappler G2 265/70 R17. Check out the photos and let me know what you think...
View attachment 19758
View attachment 19759
Nice rig! Welcome!

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: Shawn Rossmiller

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

New member here. Live in SoCal and looking to meet up with members in the area. I'm new to overlanding and have slowly been building my rig to hit the trail. It may look familiar to someone else's rig on this forum lol.

View attachment 19776 View attachment 19777
Welcome! What part of SoCal? I'm in Riverside.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Pasadena. Thanks for the reply. I see these is meet ups in Simi Valley but not sure about sgv.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I haven't seen anything in San Gabriel but apparently there used to be a meet up in Rancho Cucamonga at the bass pro shop. I don't think they've done that one in a while though... I guess it just takes 1 or 2 or a few to take the initiative and set one up. We have family and friends in Simi so we'll trek out there one of these days and kill 2 birds with one stone as it were. [emoji2]

Reactions: XFZJ80X

SLO_Goat

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

Howdy!

My name is Noah and I'll be in the Bay for the next couple months after graduating from Cal Poly SLO, then heading out on an expedition/moving to the South with the Army.

I wheeled with the Polygoats back in undergrad (am I allowed to say that yet?), and a few years ago was prompted by one of my best friends to start working on my '97 TJ, which is how the madness started. Been backpacking for years, but I want to develop my skills and rig as an overlander. I'm here to learn!

Here's Toby the TJ, named after my favorite horse.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

finlayforprez, I'd love to see the videos and photos. I'm putting a pause on upgrades for a little while since my wife just found out that she has one of those 9 month long parasites. But I will be continuing to use my RR for fun off road with what I have. PM me if you can share the videos and photos of the 2011 supercharged that your buddy has. I'd love some inspiration.
No problem, I will post some photos and videos here as well! :) Let me round them up.

Reactions: coreyinfo

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 19725 Hello everyone! I'm super excited to be joining a group of fellow enthusiasts. My name is Corey Daniels and I live in South Jordan, Utah. My wife is a school teacher and we are the parents of 4 teenage (one is actually 20 yrs old) daughters. I love off-road travel. Whenever we are traveling I'm always looking for the next best "shortcut" or road less traveled. However, my daughters finally clued into the fact that "shortcut" doesn't mean the same to me as it does to them. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
I'm currently driving a 2012 Land Rover LR4, but also drive a 2004 Ford F-150. The Ford has 375,000 miles on it, which is a testament to how much we enjoy traveling. I have build plans for the LR4, but haven't started yet. Still coping with the fact that there aren't any tire options for 19" wheels:confused:
Welcome! Great seeing another LR4 in the group. There are lots of great threads on here with some LR4 builds (including my own) and some folks have been through the whole journey of 18" vs. 19" tires. Let me know if you have any questions, it's been an ongoing discussion. :-D

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy! Glad to be a part of the group and look forward to pushing myself outdoors
Rig: 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Experience: Novice at best! Recently acquired my LJ and very slowly building it up to outfit & explore. Check out my profile for more and updates on my upcoming cross country trip this June.
Welcome! Great having you there!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 19745
Hey All! Name is Feng (fang) I am from the Conover, North Carolina. I spiritedly drive a 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trails. I am a complete noob when it comes to overlanding, I believe i've just recently started wheeling (1-2 years). I'm here to learn, be supported, and to support in whatever ways possible.
Welcome! You will find lots of support for overlanding and your 4Runner. Great having you here!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

New member here. Live in SoCal and looking to meet up with members in the area. I'm new to overlanding and have slowly been building my rig to hit the trail. It may look familiar to someone else's rig on this forum lol.
View attachment 19776 View attachment 19777
Welcome! WOW, that's an awesome Land Cruiser and certainly does look like Mike and Corrie's OB #0000. :-D

Reactions: XFZJ80X

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy!
My name is Noah and I'll be in the Bay for the next couple months after graduating from Cal Poly SLO, then heading out on an expedition/moving to the South with the Army.
I wheeled with the Polygoats back in undergrad (am I allowed to say that yet?), and a few years ago was prompted by one of my best friends to start working on my '97 TJ, which is how the madness started. Been backpacking for years, but I want to develop my skills and rig as an overlander. I'm here to learn!
Welcome! Great having you here!

coreyinfo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome! Great seeing another LR4 in the group. There are lots of great threads on here with some LR4 builds (including my own) and some folks have been through the whole journey of 18" vs. 19" tires. Let me know if you have any questions, it's been an ongoing discussion. :-D
Thanks. That is a great looking LR4. I'll definitely check out your build and others that are on the site.

SNWOWL

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento CA
Member #

Greetings Overland Community,

So it was time to finally introduce myself...it was overdue.

1) I'll try to post one...
2) Sacramento CA
3) 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
4) Desk savy overlander...we'll see how the real overlanding goes once we hit the road....LOL.

So the bug has bit me and now its time to slowly build the rig. Below pic is of our first official trip in the Jeep to Virginia City to do a little exploring and we loved it. Now we look forward to a lot more. Its awesome to see how much more you enjoy taking trips when you have the right gear and adding the Overland Bound Community to the mix has already payed off. Looking forward to meeting some of you along the journey!

Attachments

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

Howdy!

Welcome to the community!

Homebound

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belgrade, MN
Member #

Unfortunately I don't currently have any photos of my truck. I will post one when I get a chance. I am from Central Minnesota but I've lived in both Florida and Utah. I spent my career in the cab of a truck which allowed me to see all of the lower 48 states, 4 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. Today I only drive an 03 RAM 1500. As money allows, I am slowly building it up one item at a time.

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

Unfortunately I don't currently have any photos of my truck. I will post one when I get a chance. I am from Central Minnesota but I've lived in both Florida and Utah. I spent my career in the cab of a truck which allowed me to see all of the lower 48 states, 4 Canadian Provinces and Mexico. Today I only drive an 03 RAM 1500. As money allows, I am slowly building it up one item at a time.
That's pretty cool that you've gotten to travel around the country. That's something I've always wanted to do. Or at least a cross country road trip. Welcome to the community!

Homebound

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belgrade, MN
Member #

That's pretty cool that you've gotten to travel around the country. That's something I've always wanted to do. Or at least a cross country road trip. Welcome to the community!
I used to say that there is nothing better than getting paid to see the country. While I still somewhat believe that, it is still a job and there are tradeoffs. There is always a schedule to keep. You are always on the go.

Today I enjoy a slower lifestyle. I have more time now. Time to really take in the sights.

HoneyBadgerXJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

I used to say that there is nothing better than getting paid to see the country. While I still somewhat believe that, it is still a job and there are tradeoffs. There is always a schedule to keep. You are always on the go.

Today I enjoy a slower lifestyle. I have more time now. Time to really take in the sights.
Ya, I would imagine that traveling like that for work might not have the same value as it would with free time. None the less, something that would be a great experience.

Reactions: Homebound