Medkit

• HTML tutorial

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
Hi y’all what’s in your Med kit is it generic of amazon everything and nothing or you packed it yourself and if yes then what’s in it?
I've got 2x kits. One contains a shit ton of stuff and the other a shit ton of stuff. I'll have to take pictures so you can see.

Trauma kit, blood coagulant, antihistamines, various medicines like tylenol, aspirins dayquil, electrolytes, band aides, itch relief, sun tan lotion , buf repellent wipes and countless other stuff.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Hi y’all what’s in your Med kit is it generic of amazon everything and nothing or you packed it yourself and if yes then what’s in it?
Honestly...haven't looked in a really long time; my rig is undergoing a rebuild.

My brother actually put one together for me. He is a PA/Paramedic. The kit is actually a two-in-one kit. It's a standard med kit (squad size) with those items most used for common adventure/travel accidents beefed up. He also put together a small "trauma" kit specifically for life threatening injuries that require more advanced items.

Most of the items in both are note time sensitive. Those items that do have shelf lives he would check.

Once Grover is back up and running we'll go through the kits and bring them current.

TOMITOMATO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

PROSPECT HEIGHTS IL
Member #

Honestly...haven't looked in a really long time; my rig is undergoing a rebuild.

My brother actually put one together for me. He is a PA/Paramedic. The kit is actually a two-in-one kit. It's a standard med kit (squad size) with those items most used for common adventure/travel accidents beefed up. He also put together a small "trauma" kit specifically for life threatening injuries that require more advanced items.

Most of the items in both are note time sensitive. Those items that do have shelf lives he would check.

Once Grover is back up and running we'll go through the kits and bring them current.
I love the Idea of having two separate kits!
Thanks

El Solis

Rank V
Investor

Traveler II

Livermore, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6CQE
I strongly believe you need three kits: boo boo, basecamp first aid/medical, and a trauma kit.

They each have a specific function and when you try to have one kit do the work of all three you end up with a poorly designed and difficult to use kit. Having to dig through aspirin and band aids to get to your CPR mask is wrong. Check out the posts in the Bootcamp section on First Aid and the video on the OB Youtube channel about what I think should be in your trauma kit (basecamp first aid kit video coming soon).

Let me know if you’ve got questions.

Chris

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

I strongly believe you need three kits: boo boo, basecamp first aid/medical, and a trauma kit.

They each have a specific function and when you try to have one kit do the work of all three you end up with a poorly designed and difficult to use kit. Having to dig through aspirin and band aids to get to your CPR mask is wrong. Check out the posts in the Bootcamp section on First Aid and the video on the OB Youtube channel about what I think should be in your trauma kit (basecamp first aid kit video coming soon).

Let me know if you’ve got questions.

Chris
Our boo boo ones or with the packs.

El Solis

Rank V
Investor

Traveler II

Livermore, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6CQE
@Correus
Not sure what you are asking. I recommend a small boo boo kit with bandaids, etc to care for small scrapes and cuts. It lives in an easy to get to when the rig is packed location. Something to take care of the little cuts and scrapes we all get just from being outdoors. If you have children (mine are 5 & 7), you’ll use this kit the most.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

Sor
@Correus
Not sure what you are asking. I recommend a small boo boo kit with bandaids, etc to care for small scrapes and cuts. It lives in an easy to get to when the rig is packed location. Something to take care of the little cuts and scrapes we all get just from being outdoors. If you have children (mine are 5 & 7), you’ll use this kit the most.
Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize my statement "our boo boo ones or with the packs" posted with "or"; it was supposed to say "are".

Was just indicating that the small kits we have in our packs are our boo boo kits. The larger med kit (same as your basecamp) and a trama kit are kept with the rest of the gear.

MonkeyProof

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SoCal-SGV
I carry this trauma kit in my rig that is made by 1Life Trauma Kits. The box is heavy duty plastic and has a thick rubber gasket that makes it dust proof and water resistant. The contents inside is very well rounded and thought out. This was intended and made for off road racing.
https://1lifetraumakits.com/shop?olsPage=products/1life-race-kit

20190227_085707.jpg

I also got the optional lasercut mount..
20190227_085722.jpg

Having a proper first-aid/ trauma kit should be in everyone's rig, along with a fire extinguisher(s).

We came across this rollover in the middle of Death Valley that happened mere moments before our arrival. Luckily the occupants were not injured. If say you and your group came across this, would you have a first aid kit to help render aid? I would hope so. We helped upright the Land Cruiser, and managed to get it to the side of the road so it wasn't blocking.
20190227_084613.jpg 20190227_084502.jpg 20190227_085230.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I carry this trauma kit in my rig that is made by 1Life Trauma Kits. The box is heavy duty plastic and has a thick rubber gasket that makes it dust proof and water resistant. The contents inside is very well rounded and thought out. This was intended and made for off road racing.
https://1lifetraumakits.com/shop?olsPage=products/1life-race-kit

View attachment 87536

I also got the optional lasercut mount..
View attachment 87535

Having a proper first-aid/ trauma kit should be in everyone's rig, along with a fire extinguisher(s).

We came across this rollover in the middle of Death Valley that happened mere moments before our arrival. Luckily the occupants were not injured. If say you and your group came across this, would you have a first aid kit to help render aid? I would hope so. We helped upright the Land Cruiser, and managed to get it to the side of the road so it wasn't blocking.
View attachment 87531 View attachment 87532 View attachment 87533
Thanks for sharing that story. Great reason to always carry a trauma kit. [emoji1303]

Reactions: MonkeyProof