Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

20170805_104028.jpg 20170805_104617.jpg Had to pick up my son from Hume Lake at 8:30 am on Saturday. So my 2 other boys and I made a day trip out of it. It was refreshing to be in 73 degree weather again. We picked up #3 at camp and headed to Buck Rock Fire Lookout. Only a short 178 steps to the top for an awesome view of the Sierras. I've lived here for 42 years, and have never visited this little gem. Met a really nice couple from Pasadena who spotted my member emblem (hopefully they'll become members soon enough). It's pretty cool to meet random people with the same passion in the middle of nowhere.20170805_112216.jpg After a quick lunch it was off to the boys fly fishing lessons. 20170805_131820.jpg 20170805_133022.jpg Of course having 3 boys trying to fly fish, can makes for some fun adventures. Some like to make new friends with nature as they wait their turn. The boys got to see lots of bites on the fly. I'd like to say we all caught fish, but we didn't. But we all had a blast getting out there. Until next time...20170805_121938.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Randy P

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

It's is a special time with them. I try to remind myself it's about the journey, not the destination. My boys are 12, 9, and 7. Sometimes it doesn't always work as planned, but in my boys mind, it was the perfect trip.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

That's a great way to look at it. I have 4 year old and a 8 Month old. My I wife and I are currently trying to decide at what age we take the dudes and drive to the Grand Canyon.

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

View attachment 31027 View attachment 31028 Had to pick up my son from Hume Lake at 8:30 am on Saturday. So my 2 other boys and I made a day trip out of it. It was refreshing to be in 73 degree weather again. We picked up #3 at camp and headed to Buck Rock Fire Lookout. Only a short 178 steps to the top for an awesome view of the Sierras. I've lived here for 42 years, and have never visited this little gem. Met a really nice couple from Pasadena who spotted my member emblem (hopefully they'll become members soon enough). It's pretty cool to meet random people with the same passion in the middle of nowhere.View attachment 31029 After a quick lunch it was off to the boys fly fishing lessons. View attachment 31032 View attachment 31033 Of course having 3 boys trying to fly fish, can makes for some fun adventures. Some like to make new friends with nature as they wait their turn. The boys got to see lots of bites on the fly. I'd like to say we all caught fish, but we didn't. But we all had a blast getting out there. Until next time...View attachment 31031
It's great to see parents getting their kids out there and exploring. Awesome! Makes for great life experiences and lessons.

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Where is a good place to camp that is close to buck rock lookout???? Any recommendations??
I know that some of the dispersed camping sites close here shortly. Plus, I think Buck Rock closes sometime in October. If your looking at camping in the winter time you can try some of the campgrounds near the General Grant (Azalia Campground). If your looking at dispersed camping in the Spring/Summer, you're good with any of the spots near the Big Meadow Area.