• HTML tutorial

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Hey everyone,

So I am an ITLS (International trauma life support) instructor trainer and need to run a class to train some new instructors. We are looking at a weekend in late Nov / Early Dec exact times to follow depending on you guys and your availability/ interest.

Why does this matter to you ? Well because if you would like to take the course for the cost of the book rental and ITLS fee then this is your chance.

Book fee is $25 and ITLS fee is $45 so that's $70 for a course that would normally cost you between $475 - $550.

What will this give you ? We are going to run a basic level course and off the top of my head it covers the following:

Basic airways and bag valve mask use.
Fracture management for open and closed
Wound dressing wound packing clotting agents and yes CATs
Burn treatments and management's
Head injuries and c spine precautions
Specialty medical equipment use ie: spine board pelvic binder KED traction splints to name a few.
Extractions and CAS evac carrys

There is some anatomy and physiology and basic injury pattern / chronic condition stuff in there as well.

This course is taught by paramedics (at a minimum). If you don't have first aid don't worry this is a basic course.

If you do any kind of out door adventure stuff this course could be a life saver for someone.

As an added bonus I will also teach a heart and stroke CPR course for $20 (it's for the equipment I don't get paid) so you can get 2 certifications out of the deal ! One will count for work (CPR) the other is just great to know medical info (unless you're EMS or CAF then it will count for CME and on your MPRR).

If anyone is interested please post in this thread thanks. Also throw in if you want ITLS basic and CPR or just the ITLS.

Chris.

Reactions: Winterpeg

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Chris - Where? I can make it end of November. If it's in Canada, I be out this time, because I found out my passport expired and I don't have the turn-around time to get it renewed. Gibbs - Boise, ID

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Chris - Where? I can make it end of November. If it's in Canada, I be out this time, because I found out my passport expired and I don't have the turn-around time to get it renewed. Gibbs - Boise, ID
Hey man,

So we are going to run the course in Winnipeg MB Canada as much as I enjoyed Boise it's a bit of a trip.

Basic plan is we have access to a class room near the airport so it would be in that area. I am really hope it's end of Nov personally but the group will dictate !

Keep an eye on this thread for up dates with date time and location.

Cheers Chris