Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Does anyone have any experience with the Magellan TRX7. I'm considering an upgrade from Garmin 60 csx.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Wired_

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Or even the GPSMAP[emoji768] 276Cx. I read some not so great reviews about the Magellan. Anyone have experience with the GPSMAP[emoji768] 276Cx?

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Or even the GPSMAP[emoji768] 276Cx. I read some not so great reviews about the Magellan. Anyone have experience with the GPSMAP[emoji768] 276Cx?

I just bought the GPSMAP 276cx. I haven't had it out in the field yet, but my initial impressions are very favorable. The screen is large enough for me (5") and beautiful. Personally I don't care for tablet based GPS and I love the keypad controlled screen on the 276cx. Build quality is robust.

I read the negative initial reviews as well and think they were mostly regarding higher functions that I will likely never use, and figure any such early release bugs will be worked out if they aren't already. I'm totally satisfied with it so far and have no regrets. I also considered the TRX7 but couldn't get past the fact it's based off a third party tablet. I liked the idea of a purpose built off road GPS, but didn't bite at the hype. Both units are pricey. YMMV....

Reactions: afootorafloatLJ