Looking to explore the Atlanta Section of Canada.

• HTML tutorial

Off-Camber

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Moncton, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE9JEP
Anyone have experience in this area?View attachment 90454
Hi Black Sheep Expedition,

I’m from New Brunswick and can answer any questions you have on this area. Are you planning to do some off-roading during this trip? If so I can also suggest some trails that might interest you.

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

Hi Black Sheep Expedition,

I’m from New Brunswick and can answer any questions you have on this area. Are you planning to do some off-roading during this trip? If so I can also suggest some trails that might interest you.
We absolutely are looking for off road trails to explore. Anything you can suggest would be appreciated. Thanks..

Reactions: Off-Camber

bushnut

Rank 0

Traveler I

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sp
We’ll be doing half of Nova Scotia, most of Cape Breton and then the long drive west to Manitoba. Using ioverlander.com to plan camp spots.
There are lots of great spots to see.
You’ll love Newfoundland.
The drive from Labrador to QC is long but worth it. My brother did it a few years ago. Lots of gravel so be prepared for stone chips.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm heading up from SE New Hampshire, running the Maine Spur to Quoddy and then into NB. Last time through NB I feel I missed far too much of it, I plan to change that!

We love the coastline so main focus will be just that. I'm in the mist of planning and researching places to afternoon/overnight. First stop I see that looks pretty nice is just outside of Mascarene past the lighthouse. I really can't tell by either GAIA or the NB Queensland site if it's private or not. Do you know of the area?

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 4.10.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-01 at 4.09.27 PM.png

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Anyone have experience in this area?View attachment 90454
Your line goes straight up along the Labrador coastline. It is my understanding you can't drive that to the ferry crossing. Your cross out of Gaspe looks like about we're I did and turned south. Curious if you found a route as you show. I believe you have to go around and travel the trans-Labrador...

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
I suggest wandering around the Avalon peninsula and also visiting the Fundy Bay side of NS (you could head south on the Atlantic coast and north again on the Bay coast, with side trips into the hills).

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I suggest wandering around the Avalon peninsula and also visiting the Fundy Bay side of NS (you could head south on the Atlantic coast and north again on the Bay coast, with side trips into the hills).
My family (both sides) are from the Avalon area. Was up there 3 years back researching and locating family lands. Loved it!

Debate we're having is whether or not to do the Trans Labrador on the way up (NS back). Have any advise or experience of the TL? Been researching it.