• HTML tutorial

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Hey, I am wondering who has been to VMUTS and if they could maybe give me some guidance. I have a small rig ( Compass Trailhawk) and I am wondering if it would be capable enough to get out there and explore or if a large vehicle is required.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ryancarman

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I don’t have any good info beyond what’s on their www site

I have heard they are responsive to email contact
Thank you.
being such a small vehicle I doubt any of their winter trails would be doable for me but I may look into a spring or summer trip. I am starting to feel like I really need to get out and do something lol

scanny

Rank I

Contributor III

Ontario
I contacted them couple of years ago and at that time they had trails for stock trucks, I'm not sure about Compass though. Trail conditions changes so I agree that contacting them would be the best.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I contacted them couple of years ago and at that time they had trails for stock trucks, I'm not sure about Compass though. Trail conditions changes so I agree that contacting them would be the best.
Thank you.
I wish I was closer and I could take my TJ out and have a look for myself but I is 4.5 hours away from me lol.

df150

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canada
First Name
Denis
Last Name
G
Member #

Check out OntarioOverland on you tube , they have few videos exploring some VMUTS trails. Also majority of the trails are for snowmobiles in the winter and only small portion of it is open for 4x4 vehicles, they have detail map on their facebook page. I have not been there myself yet, but was planning some winter camping/exploring ,just did not find time for it yet.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Advocate I

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Check out OntarioOverland on you tube , they have few videos exploring some VMUTS trails. Also majority of the trails are for snowmobiles in the winter and only small portion of it is open for 4x4 vehicles, they have detail map on their facebook page. I have not been there myself yet, but was planning some winter camping/exploring ,just did not find time for it yet.
I hear y about finding time lol. I may go explore in the spring or summer, and maybe with my larger vehicle first. I will check out the Ontario oberland YouTube channel and see what they have for footage of that area. I am having issues with internet connection lately and speed here is very slow so videos take forever to load up and watch.