Looking for overnight ideas - possibly in the Ely, NV general area

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Hey everyone, we live in Vegas and for whatever reason we always seem to go to UT, AZ, or CA when we're heading out for some fun. We're planning a quick trip this weekend - just one night, but I thought it might be fun to go somewhere we've never been in NV. I've heard good things about the Ely area, so I'm looking for suggestions on places to go, trails to hit (nothing too crazy - stock 4Runner), and areas to camp that won't be busy. Ideally looking for somewhere nice and dark and quiet. All suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

Following. I’m looking into a central Nevada trip this August. The only time I’ve been to Ely, I stayed at the Hotel Nevada, and it was great. No camping or wheeling though, I was in a rental car.

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
I actually live in McGill which is only 15 miles from Ely pm me if you'd like I've lived here my entire life and know a few places!!

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Awesome yeah just shoot me a message so that we can keep in touch haha

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Bob Scott Campground is kinda the middle of NV, on the 50. Great place to stop.

Walker lake is a beautiful spot to stop, if you don't mind scenery without life. It's worth a stop, but don't bother fishing.

Topaz lake over on the 395 border with CA is pretty nice too. Great views there.