looking for overlanding trip in March near Missouri( or west)

• HTML tutorial

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
would like to find a group as will be wife first big overlanding trip. looking at March as celebration for anniversary. possible Utah Colorado even open to other venues close to Missouri. Any suggestions or known events?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
March will be a good time to visit much of UT, but the good stuff in CO will still be snowed in.

Consider making a plan and posting it as a Rally Point to invite others. Let me know if I can help.

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
March will be a good time to visit much of UT, but the good stuff in CO will still be snowed in.

Consider making a plan and posting it as a Rally Point to invite others. Let me know if I can help.
I will but not sure of good places to go or routes. Was looking at MOAB but staying on level 3 trails incase I get new trailer want to build up to it. More for relaxing nice scenery med trails and making friends.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'm sure you will have no shortage of recommendations for routes to run!

Do you have a specific time frame in March that you're limited to?

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
going to stay in place with hot springs near Ouray and do the royal gorge train ride for anniversary (gift from sister) . maybe visit Ouray and check out some scenery

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
going to stay in place with hot springs near Ouray and do the royal gorge train ride for anniversary (gift from sister) . maybe visit Ouray and check out some scenery
Don't overlook the fact that Colorado is a big state with the Rockies in the middle. You can easily burn up a lot of time going between locations.

I'm sure you'll see snow in Ouray as it will still be mostly winter there.

The Royal Gorge is close to me so let me know if you're interested in camping, trail info or a meetup. I was actually thinking of a camp out not far from there in March.

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

would like to find a group as will be wife first big overlanding trip. looking at March as celebration for anniversary. possible Utah Colorado even open to other venues close to Missouri. Any suggestions or known events?
If you find yourself in Southern Missouri northwest Arkansas don't hesitate to reach out!

Reactions: Draykas

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
If you find yourself in Southern Missouri northwest Arkansas don't hesitate to reach out!
Will do that. I also saw the event in May so may mark calendar for that. close to location that am looking at trailer for camping and tow behind jeep and soon Bronco