Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Not sure if this is the proper forum for this question, but figure I'd probably find the most people interested in electronics and audio equipment here.

I have a '96 Hummer with a Clarion tape/CD changer/radio head unit that has died. If I could find something that could still operate the CD changer, that'd be great, but not absolutely necessary. It would be nice to get something that supports Apple Carplay as my wife and I both have iPhones.

Is there any real difference from one radio to the next in how well they receive FM radio signals? I'd like to be able to receive signals from as far away as possible as I do like to get out into the mountains and travel, but maybe check in on news and whatnot from time to time.

Any thoughts or recommendations from car audio experts out there?
Cheers,
-Matt

B-R

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL, USA
Member #

Try Crutchfield.com they are everything mobile audio
I would pull current unit to get model number as they can use it to cross reference dimensions hope this helps and good luck

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this question, but figure I'd probably find the most people interested in electronics and audio equipment here.

I have a '96 Hummer with a Clarion tape/CD changer/radio head unit that has died. If I could find something that could still operate the CD changer, that'd be great, but not absolutely necessary. It would be nice to get something that supports Apple Carplay as my wife and I both have iPhones.

Is there any real difference from one radio to the next in how well they receive FM radio signals? I'd like to be able to receive signals from as far away as possible as I do like to get out into the mountains and travel, but maybe check in on news and whatnot from time to time.

Any thoughts or recommendations from car audio experts out there?
Cheers,
-Matt
I put in a pure Android head unit... No disc player. I run Spotify plus I can do Netflix, YouTube and YouTube TV. It runs Apple car play, reads thumb drives, Bluetooth audio, back up cameras, aux inputs.

94Cruiser

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Suisun City, California
Member #