Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Hello, I'm looking for some advice/knowledge.

I ordered 2 light pods and 2 pigtails. I want to wire them directly to an aux switch.

Will the pigtail be enough or do I need an entire harness with switch and relay?
I believe the aux switch has power and relay already wired, so so could some regular wire be enough?

1000019702.jpg

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Generally speaking you can just use normal wire to an aux switch. If the aux switch already supplies the power/relay etc.

I am using a mictuning aux switch panel and just run pos and neg to the box and everything runs as its supposed to.

In order to help more could you provide some more information? pod lights, harness switch panel you are using?

Last edited:

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I agree with everyone here.
No one can answer your question without more info.
What lights, what the wire size and length and how much power. Also what switch.

Also, agreeing with everyone, you should have these on relays.

The pigtail you showed looks like a deutsch connector. I'm assuming that's what's on the light.

When you wire things, your either going to build a proper wire loom or your going to buy one. If you buy one, it needs to be the correct size wire. If one is offered by the light manufacture, it will be the correct wire size but, it will be a generic length.

If you build it your self and don't have the proper tools and skill, your setting yourself up for failure.