LIfetime Warranty on your Jeep/Dodge - for cheap (relatively speaking)

• HTML tutorial

Clang

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Denver, CO
Member #

I’m not sure where exactly to post this, or if I am the only dull tool in the shed, but I just found out Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat offers an unlimited mileage, lifetime, bumper to bumper warranty on it’s vehicles. You do NOT have to be the original owner. The qualification restrictions are, 1) The vehicle must be less than 48 months olds measured from the original purchase date, and 2) It must have less than 48K miles on it.

I just purchased the warranty for my 2013 JKU for $2480. My remaining factory warranty will expire sometime this summer depending on how much I drive the rig. If you plan on keeping your vehicle for the long term, this seems like a good deal to me. The axle seal replacement I just had done would have been just at $1000 without a warranty (without a warranty, I would have done it myself, but there is plenty of other stuff to go wrong with a Jeep that is not a garage queen.) Most reasonable modifications DO NOT void this warranty. Lifts up to 4” are OK, lockers, bigger tires, gear changes etc, are all good. The aftermarket parts are not covered, but they don’t void the warranty on other covered parts. You have to maintain your vehicle per the factory schedule, and keep good records, but I do that anyway, and more.

This is apparently (at least this is what I was told) a direct result of the most recent Chrysler Bailout by the Government. One condition of the bailout was that Chrysler offer an affordable warranty program including a lifetime warranty to entice the manufacturers to produce a higher quality, more reliable vehicle, and to give consumers peace of mind in purchasing a Chrysler product.

If I am not the only dim bulb in the box that didn’t have any idea about this warranty, let me know, and I’ll give you specifics on what I know and what I did to get it. Not all dealers or Mopar itself charge the same for exactly the same warranty. The prices for the one I purchased carried from 2400 to 4000 for exactly the same thing depending on who I was talking to. Also, this is apparently something that some dealers never mention to consumers, you have to know to ask.

Clang

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Denver, CO
Member #

Addendum - I am normally not a fan of extended warranties. Most don't do much for you and are just $$ in the pocket of a 3rd party vendor, but this is a Chrysler warranty, not a third party. Also, the cost of just about any major engine or transmission repair covers the cost of this and then some.

LittleRed94

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Poulsbo, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Addendum - I am normally not a fan of extended warranties. Most don't do much for you and are just $$ in the pocket of a 3rd party vendor, but this is a Chrysler warranty, not a third party. Also, the cost of just about any major engine or transmission repair covers the cost of this and then some.
I've been looking into getting a new/new to me jeep Jk. From what you know do you just find all the places that have a jeep your interested in and ask about vehicle and the warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Clang

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Denver, CO
Member #

Any JK/JKU (and other Chrysler/Jeep/Fiat) that meets the base criteria qualifies. You do NOT have to buy the vehicle from a dealer. I bought mine from a private party. The vehicle must be less than 48 months old as determined by original sale date, and have less than 48,000 miles on it. It must have a clear, non salvage or rebuilt title. If you find a Jeep you are interested in, you can call any Jeep dealer and ask if it qualifies for the warranty. They will check the VIN and tell you. You should be able to get the bumper to bumper, unlimited mileage, lifetime warranty with a $100 deductible for about $2500, give or take $50. Depending on the dealer, they are likely to quote you up to $4000, but it can be had for $2500. I can put you in touch with the dealer I bought mine through - no affiliation at all. I got the name from a member on the Wrangler Forum. I have my warranty and have verified it directly with Chrysler.