Port orchard, wa
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7jnl
So I planning a trip to Lake Powell this fall, late September 2021. My wife is into kayak fly fishing. I want to find a spot away from the crowds where we can disperse camp near the lake. Searching Gaia, but everything seems to end high on the bluffs. Looking for some near water spots that maybe some of you know. We live in Washington, so scouting is kinda out of the question. Anything you'd be willing to share with a rare visitor???

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
There are spots on the AZ side, but not as secluded as those in UT. But, you can get right into the water with the kayak.

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
(37.0195181, -111.5393220) The one I saw in an overlanding video was Lone Rock Beach Campground. North of Page Az but in Utah.

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
Also check YouTube there are a few videos on kayaking lake powell

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
Here’s another place up at the far end of the lake. There are several canyons in this area with lake access and free BLM boondocking. This one is called Blue Notch Canyon. 37.763397, -110.293869 Not easy to get to. There is also White Canyon and Farley Canyon. Easier to get to but still a long way from anywhere. I have no first hand knowledge. Just looking on topo maps and google.

Reactions: Nathan morrison