Fountain, Colorado, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Dixon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0RGD
I have a Barricade roof rack on my 2012 JKU. (Barricade Jeep Wrangler Roof Rack - Textured Black J100173 (07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door) ) I have been trying, without any success, to find a ladder that will work with it. As some of the Rocky Mountain group can attest, I'm not getting any younger. Climbing around trying to put stuff if the cargo basket is not getting any easier. Something like this (Garvin 44500 Adventure Rack Ladder for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK) is what I am looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions?

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Since barricade does not make one, you will obviously have to find one that will work with your current setup. Id consider looking outside JKU specific units like Toyota. Best place to start is figuring out where you want to mount it and then start looking for alders that will fit that space. Gobi makes one for Toyota that is longer than the one for JKU as its meant to mount to the back door.

Figure out where you want to mount it, measure the distance and then start comparing

Reactions: Billiebob

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
I think I had the same thought as @Munga Brown . Would these work for your application:

Gobi also make a ladder but it's rack-specific; it's designed to work with the Stealth and Ranger racks, and allows the operation of the hard top window and door.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I think eventually you will fall in love with a trailer.